NeerajKumarIndia's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Google Maps: Wrong Edits Acceptance..

Ok @NeerajKumarIndia thanks for update. Sounds unusual. Not sure about marking place permanently closed if it's open in real life. It's best to just suggest the right edit for name and let Google review your suggestion. Did a Connect moderator reach out to you about the temple yet?? Kind regards from Osaka78 🙂

Level 10

@Osaka78forTRUMP, Someone claimed Temple as his business only for number of reviews. Hope you visited the link which I had provided earlier. There is a way to make yours business on Google Maps. It is not ethical to do such activities. I tried a number of times to change it's name but unable from last month. I queried here but no response from any moderator nor contacted by them as of till now. I am also a looser here as I lost my review and a number of photos of this place. 

Kind Regard's

Neeraj Kumar

Patna

Level 10

Ok, @NeerajKumarIndia, you might need a moderator to sort it out now. @Flash what's best way to proceed?? Temple was deleted from Maps instead of renamed. Thanks again Neeraj for taking your time and care to get the temple right on Maps. Kind regards from Osaka78 Ps Neeraj we're not sure which temple it is haven't seen any of your links to the place yet 🙂

Level 10

@Osaka78forTRUMP Ji, Already Temple exist there as I mentioned to you earlier. I posted that link here in my first post which you miss out as you didn't clicked that. Now deleted as the link you provided to post my query.. There I found to not to report link publicly.

Thanks again for your support.

Kind Regards

Neeraj Kumar

Level 10

@Flash  what's best way to proceed, As Temple was deleted from Map instead of rename.

Kind Regards

Neeraj Kumar

Patna

Level 10

That's great @NeerajKumarIndia. Let's wait and see what Flash will suggest. Kind regards from Osaka78 🙂

Level 8

Hi @Osaka78forTRUMP,
Hope all is well. I have no intention in jumping in your case-study here with @NeerajKumarIndia as he is in perfect hands with you. However, Neeraj brought this particular case to my attention and the attention of @JanVanHaver during a Facebook Live video chat.

I agree with your conclusion that this needs to be escalated to Google, hopefully with the help of @Flash.

If you look at this business that has claimed the POI of this Hindu Temple:
https://goo.gl/maps/6LpUaGdS4zR2

It looks to me like a typical accidental merge has taken place between the claimed business and the POI of the Temple or a malicious hijack by the business. I guess it is the first scenario,  because the website and (?) phone-number (?) are still pointing to the temple and not the business.

From the Wikipedia type info blurb and the many reviews it is pretty obvious that this needs to be changed and the business separated from the temple data.

My earlier advice to you (before I fully understood what was going on) was wrong @NeerajKumarIndia. And with cases like this, it is best to do NOTHING on the Maps app.

Any attempts to change the data, will only further corrupt the different data feeds related to the previous two POIs. All we can do is bring it to the attention of Google.

If you find that Flash or another Googler here on LGC is not responding within the next week or so, you can also ask for help at the product forum as the Product Experts there are in the position to escalate cases to a Googler/ manager.

Like Osaka said, please keep us informed. It is nice and educational to see how these cases progress.

Best of luck!

JeroenM

Level 10

@Flash Please help, As either business claimed our temple or claimed business has been merged with our temple. It Is Main Temple Of My City. Looking forward for your's Great Initiative To Restore Temple Name And Category.

Level 10

My Great Thanks @JeroenM Ji, Hoping The Best From @Flash Ji.

Regard's

@NeerajKumarIndia

Connect Moderator

Hello @NeerajKumarIndia,

I'm sorry for the late response, but I am just a volunteer who attends to the forum in my spare time.  This is the busiest time of the year for me in the other things in my life.

I cannot directly solve this for you, a bad merge cannot be solved via user edits but rather must be solved internally by Google.  For that to occur you need to tag a Googler, which I will do now for you, let's ask @DeniGu to take a look and get this to the right team for a fix.

In order for her to do so she'll need some precise details.  Please link to each feature you feel is wrong.  Please also provide the details of what should be in each field for the temple and what would belong in each field for any business that has merged with it.

I'll let you know ahead of time that fixing bad merges can take quite a bit of time, so once she has all the necessary information and submits it you will have to wait for a resolution.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages