rggasa's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Google Maps - My Business SEO

Does changing my business's name on Google Maps My Business will hurt the SEO Ranking results ??

I really need a help with it !

THANKS !!

11 comments
Level 9

Re: Google Maps - My Business SEO

@rggasa wrote:

Does changing my business's name on Google Maps My Business will hurt the SEO Ranking results ??

THANKS !!

Hi @rggasa

What you mean by SEO?

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 10

@deepakjhic, SEO = Search Engine Optimization. Most often related to methods on making a website rank better in search results. 

@rggasa, it would be a very bad idea to change the name of the business to anything other than what the real name is. The name (and address and phone number - i.e. all contact details) should be consistent all around the internet (website, maps, Google My Business, other business directories etc.). It is a frequent mistake to stuff keywords into name fields for instance. It will not help with ranking at all but will just "confuse" search engines that won't be able to collect all possible data about your business properly.

Level 9

Hi @Csaba thank you for explaining.

Hey @rggasa,

Would you mind if I ask you to provide the details, you are trying to do? It's because maybe you're trying to put original name.

In other words I want to say there is a business in India its old name was m*** k***** but I changed it name with full name which is mechatro**** machiner* & t**** I****. Now when I search this the business by its old name SE redirect me to mechatro**** machiner* & t**** I****.

If you are going to put a different name then I do agree with Csaba.

You can also add tags.(If you have claimed your business)

I hope you understand.

Level 3

Hi, exactly. 

The business is the same.

But there will be a bit change on the name.

For example: John Sandler's automotive center (old name)  changing  to Sandler's automotive center. Its because there is a new site coming.

Just this little change in the business's name marker.

My question is: doing it, will affect the search ranking on maps? Maybe im wrong, but maps also uses SEO as search tool for ranking business right?

So i'm afraid if doing this little name's changing on business marker will affect the ranking in the Maps's search for business because Maps will not find the business after  the change i did on name.

Level 9

@rggasa wrote:

THANKS !!

Hey @rggasa,

The factors that need to be constant are name, address, website, and phone number.

https://moz.com/local/search

Here is a free tool you can use to take a look at your business and see how it is ranked.

Hope this helps.

Scott

Spice Box Media

Level 10

Level 9

Hi @rggasa

Thank you for posting back. 

Well it is just a little change and I don't think it can affect SEO ranking. It is because I had tried/done this before. 

Level 3

Thanks!! A lot!!

Level 3
Level 3

Just make sure if you have already created business accounts on Yelp and other directories alike, to update the new name on there too.