JeffMuir's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Google Maps Categories Listing

When adding different businesses or fixing the listings for old ones, it sometimes is difficult to find a match for category.

Is there an official list available? I have found a mixture of semi-official and unofficial lists but nothing that includes everything.

Also, given that there is a list, does it show examples of what kind of businesses would match that category? Sometimes the category is a bit too vague.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff Muir
Admin - Global Guides
12 comments
Level 9

Re: Google Maps Categories Listing

Forgot to include the list from Google.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10QhWFmHYhZI7FL7cQZUqkDkRbexPVthEIfp8iibhA3s/edit?usp=sharing

Be sure to pick English at the botttom tab.  Not sure if this list is inclusive of everything.

Jeff Muir
Admin - Global Guides
Level 8

Please kindly add a Chinese Taiwan page, @JeffMuir!

Level 9

Hi @YK1001,

I would love to add the page but there are two problems. First, these pages are owned by Google and I only have read access. Second, I only speak English.

However, I appreciate your confidence in my abilities 🙂

Regards,

Jeff

Jeff Muir
Admin - Global Guides
Level 3

I'd also like to know the answer to this 

Level 9

Dear @JeffMuir

Would you please add the link of new category list (2017).

Thanks

Iran Local Guide
Level 9

@HTahmasbi wrote:

Dear @JeffMuir

Would you please add the link of new category list (2017).

Thanks

@HTMaps

This is the latest link I can find. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10QhWFmHYhZI7FL7cQZUqkDkRbexPVthEIfp8iibhA3s/export?format=xl...

Jeff Muir
Admin - Global Guides
Level 9

Hi Dear @JeffMuir

Thanks for your help.

Iran Local Guide
Level 8

Do you have any idea how we go about getting categories and features added? I work in the Aviation space and would like to add a few aviation related features, but cant.

Also there is a need for more localisation. e.g. in Europe you have Refuge Huts that re used by walkers etc in emergencies, it would be great to add that as a category in Australia.

Emergency phones on freeways (especially given Australia's remote nature) would be great.

Surely at a given level of proficiency, one should at least have a contact in Google Maps. after all they do make money from our assistance.

Level 6

Hi,

im curious which category fits best a Local Gaming place 😄

since Playground points to be a park and i'm kinda curious to know if there's already a gaming category in google maps or if isnt yet