ChandBashaMcb's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Google Map contribution and Local guides connect

Guys....  can you please let me know the exact difference between Contribution at Google map and Google Local guide.

well known about Google Map., But i very bad to understand the Local Guide.

So, please compare both to better understand.

Chand basha mcb
8 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: Google Map contribution and Local guides connect

Hi @ChandBashaMcb Google Maps is a tool, to view maps and search for direction and places.

Local Guides is a program, that allow you to make changes on maps and being rewarded with points.

If you're new to Local Guides, you can learn more about making contributions to Google Maps to earn your badge within Google Maps by visiting the "Getting Started" section for helpful information. If you're interested in earnings badges here on Local Guides Connect, just keep posting interesting content and interacting with others as badges within Connect are tied to your activity in Connect (as well as within other areas of the Local Guides program).

Please read this post for tips on posting and interacting with the community. 🙂

View solution in original post

Level 8

Hi @ChandBashaMcb Welcome to Local Guide Connect Community !

It's simple my friend. LG is community where you can find the map contributors.

It's kind a group for contributors who contributes in map.

Here in LG you can meet experienced and new contributors. Any help regarding maps or suggestions for map will be discussed here :).

Hope this helps you. 

Happy Guiding,
Jagadeesh Reddy.
Level 10
Solution

Hi @ChandBashaMcb Google Maps is a tool, to view maps and search for direction and places.

Local Guides is a program, that allow you to make changes on maps and being rewarded with points.

If you're new to Local Guides, you can learn more about making contributions to Google Maps to earn your badge within Google Maps by visiting the "Getting Started" section for helpful information. If you're interested in earnings badges here on Local Guides Connect, just keep posting interesting content and interacting with others as badges within Connect are tied to your activity in Connect (as well as within other areas of the Local Guides program).

Please read this post for tips on posting and interacting with the community. 🙂

Level 9

Thanks....

Chand basha mcb
Level 9

But we can contribute photos, videos, reviews, ratings through googlemaps only right, then....   LG is use for only discussion something.??? or else any

Chand basha mcb
Level 10

@ChandBashaMcb wrote:

But we can contribute photos, videos, reviews, ratings through googlemaps only right, then....   LG is use for only discussion something.??? or else any

Local Guides is the name of the program, you can use Google Maps without having to become a Local Guide.

And you can be a Local Guide without having to post in Local Guides Connect, that's a platform for discussion around the program.

Let's say.... the TV is Google Maps, a Videocamera is the tool you use to record and transmit, is the LG program, and  connect is a coffee where we discuss about TV programs 😄

Level 9

Hi,

You are quite correct, it is all very confusing.  Putting pics & reviews on Google Maps is linked in some ways to Google Connect, so that

you get "Credit" for your contributions.  Google Connect is kind of like "Talk" is on the Yelp platform, but it also adds badges, levels, and

some rewards, again it is similar to Yelp, or Trip Advisor.  Trip Advisor awards you badges for your reviews & photos, but do not have a "Talk"

nor message feature, where you interact with anyone.

Over the years, Google & others have rolled out all kinds of apps & ideas.  Goggle has discontinued some programs, but has started others

like this one.  As for me, I started over a decade ago with Gmail & later started to use other added features.  At first Google, had few if any

cellphone apps, since cellphones only became "smart" recently.  Since smart phones work with a different OS/processors/platform, their

programs [applications] do not work from one brand to another & the app needs to be modified for that OS.  The Apps are also different from

their computer web-based interface...such as this one that I am using my iMac to access.

It is important to understand the convoluted world of Google since you can rapidly fill up your Google Drive with tons of pics in no time flat..

which would block the use of Gmail unless you either freed space via compression [a free feature] or by buying more space [likely what Google

prefers].  As far as I know, switching between the Drive, Gmail, Goggle+, Connect, and more is not seamless & confuses even me.

Good luck on both Maps & Connect, but I would learn how to access the Drive to switch to compressed photos if I were you.  While you may not

care about the drive, I think that it may still be there if you have a Google account.  I will leave those questions to the more knowledgeable.

Take care,

Paul 🙂

Level 9

wow.... nice example 😄  

Thanks Dear Friend.

Chand basha mcb
Level 9

i use Google plus, Gmail, Drive and Map on daily basis 

Chand basha mcb