DonBrowne's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Re: Google Map Photos Not Showing Up

@PaulPavlinovich wrote:

Why does your friend have multiple accounts @Monte? You're only allowed to use one with Local Guides.

@Monte wrote:

Looks like you are blocked for some reason. It is well known problem with photos at google. One my friend has over 3000 photos when he is looking on contributions with his account on Maps.  From another account he has only little over 1000 photo contributions. And this is case both with mobile and desktop version. When he is looking from his account at communities and maps, there are many of his photos. With another account there is nothing. These are nasty google tricks

@PaulPavlinovich  he has on Google, and according to official explanation from a googler somewhere here in LGC, it is possible to have one personal and one official account.

Level 10

Hi @DonBrowne Have you tried

1. adding the photos to Google Photo (make sure they are there)

2. then add the photo to your POI via the Photos from my Phone tab?

That way if #1 fails then you know the Photos went amiss during the upload process.

Connect Moderator

Hi @Monte you can only use one Account with Connect and Maps. That's very clear in the TOS. The only exception is people who maintain a separate account for Trusted Street View because they want to run a business and have to keep their LG career and business career seperate.

Regards

Paul

Level 2

@PaulPavlinovichThat is exactly I wrote upstairs. I do agree with this.

Level 8

Yes,  have tried putting photos from my Google photos to the point of interest and that doesn't work either. It seems something is broke on Google maps and adding photos. It's a shame too as I'm level 7 and it's getting to frustrating to continue posting photos for Local Guides.

Level 10

@DonBrowne You might want to tag one of the Google moderator e.g. @LuisRG & @YanniY

Level 8

To look into this issue, normally I will:

1.  Double check the photo is listed in the Contributions/Photos page.

- Note the Place Icon of the associated place.  If it is a "Empty" icon, then the POI is pending approval or even Remove.  If the icon is kind of a Photo, then the POI is published

2.  Click on the Place from the Photos page.  And look for the Photo.  (At this point, we are still logon to Maps with our account.)

3.  Logout Maps.  Then check for the Photo again.

- If you find the Photo in 2 but not in 3, that means the Photo is taken down due to violation of content policy

Hope it helps!

Level 8

Still unable to have any photos show up on maps. The only thing different this last week is my home is in Florida and all was working well there for years. I am now traveling in Ohio and every photo I've taken in Ohio so far has not shown up on the map or my contributions page no matter which way I try.

Connect Moderator

Hi @DonBrowne since you mention you're travelling have you got the new feature upload only on wireless turned on and not used an access point recently? I can't remember if the new feature defaults to off or on.

The idea of the feature is to hold your images locally until you get wireless to save your mobile data.

Regards

Paul

Level 8

I haven't used the new feature as even when out and about in my home town, I just keep the photos on the local device until I get home or to a wireless spot and then upload the photos. Still can't figure why all my out of state photos aren't getting shown, almost as if Google's algorithm doesn't want to accept any photos from out of my home area this past week.