DaveW0's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Google Local Guides Swag

Is there such a thing as Google giving out Local Guide hats or shirts to help us display that we're contributors to Google?  I don't know if this was ever brought up but I think it's worth considering.  I don't know what Perks Google gives (very unclear in the website) other than a Badge to show your Level of contribution.  Since Local Guides broke out to so many levels, maybe give them to people than reach Level 5 or 6.  It's a reachable level but for someone who's actually probably going to spend a good amount of time contributing. 

15 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Google Local Guides Swag

Hi @DaveW0 right now you're eligible to get some Google Play Perks after reaching level 4 and/or above, if you're located in qualifying countries. 

As for other kind of swags, there's nothing given out at this moment. As mentioned above, there was a t-shirt giveaway for those reaching level 4 before a certain date a few years back, but in general, depending where you're located, t-shirts might be distributed during official Local Guides event. I say keep an eye for your email (make sure that your profile is configured to receive communications from Local Guides team) if there are any events near where you are 🙂

View solution in original post

Level 9

@DaveW0 currently when it comes to Swag, there isn't much.  I know in the past when there have been Google Local Guides Meet-Ups they have distributed shirts.  I know with the Local Guides Summit they also give out some swag.  Other than that I don't think there is much swag-wise...

New WriterNew SolutionistGood FriendSuper Popular| 9 Badges so far! | My Connect Profile | My Contributions
Level 10

Hi @DaveW0 this is a FAQ; you are encouraged to show your contributor profile on your Google Maps App to get recognized as Local Guide 🙂

Level 9

@LucioV, could you elaborate on that?

Level 9

@DaveW0, if you ever get a chance to attend a meet-up, or especially a party hosted by Google themselves, that's a good opportunity for the chance of some swag. I had an opportunity to attend a Local Guides party hosted by Google, and there were stickers, pins etc given out to attendees.

Level 10

@Warjat wrote:

@LucioV, could you elaborate on that?

If you need to be recognized by a business owner, you can't have a Local Guides ID card/badge, Googlers wrote to show up your contributors profile, from your smartphone, to owners, to show your relevant contribute to maps!

Level 8

Thanks for the replies.  Looks like I'll need to be on the look out for some Meet-ups.  Just joined, so still trying to get a hang of this.  

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hi @DaveW0 right now you're eligible to get some Google Play Perks after reaching level 4 and/or above, if you're located in qualifying countries. 

As for other kind of swags, there's nothing given out at this moment. As mentioned above, there was a t-shirt giveaway for those reaching level 4 before a certain date a few years back, but in general, depending where you're located, t-shirts might be distributed during official Local Guides event. I say keep an eye for your email (make sure that your profile is configured to receive communications from Local Guides team) if there are any events near where you are 🙂

Level 10

@DaveW0 There are a few threads about request Google giving ids etc. You can see them here.

Honestly with ~250k members, I just don't see the ROI for Google to give out swag. It is easier if they design the swag and let members to create their own at their location. At where I am, to get a shirt AND print it is under $4USD. It is cheaper than postage. Free is always good, but it has to make sense.

Level 7

hey @iyudhi Is there any possibilities this kind of feature for Bangladesh soon?