ajitbehea62's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: I want any mark form google soo i proof people that i m a local guide

@Iam_abhishek0 wrote:

I want my Google local guide t-shirt or any mark form google so i proof that I'm local guide 

Hi @Iam_abhishek0 this is a frequently asked question. The standard answer is that Google will never provide some ID or special branding to show up as Local Guide.

But you are free to show your contributor tab on Google Maps to people/business owners to prove you are a volunteer Local Guide 🙂

Happy mapping!

Connect Moderator

Re: Need any mark, identity form Google for a local guide

Hi @Iam_abhishek0

as per this post: T-Shirt "

Local Guides t-shirts were given to Level 4+ Local Guides who reached Level 4+ by a certain date in 2015 and they lived in markets where it was possible to ship. That was a one time thank you gift.

As for the other kinds of shirt: Local Guides team members also have Local Guides t-shirts but those were created by us and for Googlers. Some Local Guides in the United States were also able to buy t-shirts from the Google Merchandise store as they were available, but no Local Guides items are currently available for purchase. There are no publicly-available t-shirts being given to Local Guides but hopefully they return to the global Google Merchandise store in the future. 🙂

Regarding the main subject of your post, you can find the Official reply in this thread, in which I am merging also your two posts. Here an excerpt:

"We do not provide Local Guides with ID cards. If asked for identification, we encourage you to share that you are an individual member of the local community (and not an employee of Google) sharing your experiences and local community on Google Maps for others to discover. You are welcome to show them your profile in "Your contributions" in the Google Maps app if they wish to learn more or share the website, g.co/localguides, with those asking questions"

Ermes

Level 7

Local guide certificates

It will be nice if we get a certificate from the google while reaching higher levels in our work.isnt it?? Why google is not thinking about that!!

Connect Moderator

Re: Local guide certificates

Hi @Nijilrk A Warm Welcome in Connect, the Official Community of Google Local Guides.

Google thought a lot about it. Here is the official reply, in which I am merging your post:

"We do not provide Local Guides with ID cards. If asked for identification, we encourage you to share that you are an individual member of the local community (and not an employee of Google) sharing your experiences and local community on Google Maps for others to discover. You are welcome to show them your profile in "Your contributions" in the Google Maps app if they wish to learn more or share the website, g.co/localguides, with those asking questions"

As this seems to be one of your first post in here, I take the opportunity to give you some information to know how to interact with the community:

• Need Help?: The help area give you a lot of solutions if you need to "know how to ...."
    • Explore the Forum menu, to see what the various sections are about. You will find many interesting parts regarding, for example, meet-up, or photographic technique.
    • Give to the post a descriptive title

As an extra tips, i would suggest you to Search the community before posting as the same subject can be already being discussed.

Welcome again, I hope to see you soon 🙂

Ermes

Level 6

Pin badge

I wear a uniform and work with the public answering questions about where things are. does anyone know if i can get a 'local guides' pin badge to pin to my uniform to signify i am a local guide to members of the public?

Former Google Contributor

Re: Pin badge

Hi @wakefieldguide,

We do not provide Local Guides with ID cards. If asked for identification, we encourage you to share that you are an individual member of the local community (and not an employee of Google) sharing your experiences and local community on Google Maps for others to discover. You are welcome to show them your profile in "Your contributions" in the Google Maps app if they wish to learn more or share the website, g.co/localguides, with those asking questions.

Please note that I have moved your topic here - Google Local Guides ID Card

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 6

Please Provide officially Google Identity card

Please Provide officially Google Identity card

India And  world ask Please see Your Google Guide Identity Card For Map Edit and uploading Photos 

agree or not with mi ?

Level 10

Re: Please Provide officially Google Identity card

Hi @AnkushSamrut

Warm Welcome to Local Guide Connect family.

It seems this is your first post.

You can post your reviews, edits, photos, comments and stay focused on forum guidelines. 

Before actual posting, Pl. go through LG Connect Programme Rules, The Five Core Values of Connect, Help etc.(see TABs at the bottom of page).

Never share your or anybody's personal information in L G Connect.

Please note, this global community is for Individuals only and any kind of advertising or self promotion is banned here

Also introduce yourself to LG Connect @Aug.2018, for better understanding to interact with the community.

You may use search engine to check the topics already discussed earlier.

Happy exploring, mapping and writing.

Vijay Desai.

Level 6

Thanks New User not read all Terms and Condition or Information .

Level 9

Hi @AnkushSamrut

Please have a look at the solution here but in short, Google will not be providing any identity cards. 

I'll be merging your thread with that thread as well to keep the boards clean. Thanks! 

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!