Midhunnileshwar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Google Local Guides ID Card

Getting an ID card in area like mine will make some great changes. Putting an ID card from Google and entering in to a place will make great changes ... So try the Local guides their ID cards..

I'm a teacher, teacher trainer and a Level 7 Local guide from Kerala (God's own country) in India , don't forget to give a like and add me as your friend .
Thank you!
@midhunnileshwar
Nileshwar, Kerala, India
8 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: Google Local Guides ID Card

@Midhunnileshwar  Regarding Google Identity cards, the short answer is that Google does not provide them because generally Local Guides like you and me, are not Google employees. The best we can do if someone asks for some proof we are just sharing information to Google Maps is to open Google Maps app, and show them your Local Guides contribution profile, which (if we set correctly), should have our name and our profile photo. That's actually even better than a physical ID card because the information is accurate and direct from Google's servers and verifiable. 

Here is the reply a reply from TraciC about ID cards. Link Here

View solution in original post

Level 10
Solution

@Midhunnileshwar  Regarding Google Identity cards, the short answer is that Google does not provide them because generally Local Guides like you and me, are not Google employees. The best we can do if someone asks for some proof we are just sharing information to Google Maps is to open Google Maps app, and show them your Local Guides contribution profile, which (if we set correctly), should have our name and our profile photo. That's actually even better than a physical ID card because the information is accurate and direct from Google's servers and verifiable. 

Here is the reply a reply from TraciC about ID cards. Link Here

Google Vendor

Thank you @StephenAbraham for providing an answer to the question. I marked your answer as a solution.

@Midhunnileshwar whenever you have an idea it is better to share it at the Idea Exchange board. To learn more about the Idea Exchange, you can read the article How do I use the Idea Exchange?.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

Hey @StephenAbraham 

it's not a new knowledge that I'm not officialy a Google employee . We all know that .

We doesn't need an official Google Employees ID Card. 

We need an ID Card as an Local guide .

I'm a teacher, teacher trainer and a Level 7 Local guide from Kerala (God's own country) in India , don't forget to give a like and add me as your friend .
Thank you!
@midhunnileshwar
Google Vendor

Hi @Midhunnileshwar,

As @StephenAbraham said, in this case, the answer is no, there won't be an Id card provided to Local Guides. If you want to read more about it, you can have a look here at this idea and this reply.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 7

Since this idea has got a solution, I don't think my input will work. However, I would still like add my thoughts to this idea. 

This is a good idea. I live in a place where people generally not open up easily. They don't feel secure to share any information about their business and other things. If we get a simple Google Local Guide ID card, it would make us more confident to talk to them. They will understand that we are a part of group which are actually helping them to grow their business. They will allow us to take picture inside their shops or office premises (not their secure area)s. And every local guide will good to have a ID card issue by Google. Please consider this idea positive and provide something that can give us a identity as a "Google Local Guide". Thanks. 🙂

Sanam Khan
Level 10

Great Idea and it will be really helpful 

Level 7

@InaS Can you give this idea a second thought? 

Sanam Khan
Connect Moderator

Having an Identification as local guide doesn't mean we want to be or are an employee of Google is just a recognition that you are a local guide and will help us in our activities as local guide. Especially here in Africa where there is very little or no publicity for local guides. Will try a revisit of this post on connect.

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder | Find all my Connect posts here