ajitbehea62's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Googler
Solution

Re: Google Local Guides ID Card

Hi @ErShaileshN @ajitbehea62 @IskrenI @IskrenI @pyerdna @iyudhi We do not provide Local Guides with ID cards. If asked for identification, we encourage you to share that you are an individual member of the local community (and not an employee of Google) sharing your experiences and local community on Google Maps for others to discover. You are welcome to show them your profile in "Your contributions" in the Google Maps app if they wish to learn more or share the website, g.co/localguides, with those asking questions. I'm sure you are obeying all local laws but if someone does not wish to have their place photographed, it's OK to not photograph it. We encourage Local Guides to follow all local laws and respect privacy when it is asked, of course. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Connect Moderator

Re: Google Local Guides ID Card Urgent

@ErShaileshN Just adding to what everyone has been saying above - 

Personally I use the Contributions page on Google Maps app to show people what I'm doing with Local Guides. It has my profile picture and activities (reviews, photos, edits), so it makes a great tool to explain to other people the essence of Local Guides.

In terms of getting questioned while taking photos, a good rule of thumb is to always cooperate. Make sure it's okay to take photos for a particular place, especially if the place is considered private. If an authority approach you saying that you can't take photos there, don't fight. You can ask nicely of what the reasoning is, but don't try to fight it. It's not worth it. Cooperate and move on. Local Guides experience is supposed to be a fun experience. Don't get involved in things that will stress you out.

Level 7

Hi @TraciC

no issue from my self - i do this for fun anyway 🙂

cheers,

Andrey

Level 6

Good enough love

I just hate to explain myself 😉

Thank you

Level 8

Dear Sir TraciC, How to i am permanent member of Google Maps.

Level 7

@TraciC, I agree with the others. Perhaps it does not need to be an actual ID card, but an email or a letter on the headed paper saying than an X individual is a member of a Local Guide / Trusted Photographer from an X date..., etc. That would go very well along with our own explanations of who we are and demonstration of our account. 

Personally, that sort recognition in a form of a letter from Google would mean a lot to me. After all, it's the little things that count... 🙂

Level 7

I notice that there is an option to add your contribution profile icon to your homescreen when you open the my contributions tab in maps! I just use that now. 😃

MacKenzie Oakes
Level 8

not satisfy in your answer, we work for google as freelancer not for earn, if you provide as contributor id card then our work going smoothly. now your decision.

Connect Moderator

@FarhanFardous By being a Local Guide, doesn't mean that you work for Google. Think of it as a volunteer crowdsourcing program. This also means that you're not employed by Google in any way. The idea of the program is to volunteer our time to improve information that eventually will be helpful to everyone in general (including yourself).

If you're asked for an ID while taking photos or do other Local Guides activity, you can explain politely of what the program is all about. One thing I usually do is pull up my Maps app on my phone, then show my Contributions section. It has my profile badge, level and other information. This can serve as an 'ID' as well for Local Guide. From there I usually just do a quick demo and go through the parts of contributions like adding a photo, submitting reviews, editing a place, etc.

Level 8

Local guide ID Card

We need Google Local Guides ID Card....
Hello! When we are take a photo of the place,shops, showrooms upload for the Google maps, they owner ask who are you why u r take photos what is the proof Ur local guide this question facing, that's way we need Google local guide ID cards please provide it.

Shamim Ahmed