HelloSamsonR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Google Integrates Video Option To Google Maps

@TokyoJoe,  @HelloSamsonR Have either of you seen and policy of guidelines for adding video regarding the content of the videos, what is allow and what is not?  I do not want to go off in the wrong direction.

Level 10

@LucioV wrote:

@sjps wrote:

My contributions don't include the video option. Someone mentioned updating?

You have to be a beta tester and upgrade to the latest available release.

@LucioV  I don't think you need to be a beta tester to get this available features. The only thing I know is by upgrading and as TokyoJoe said the updates are still rolling out. 

Level 10

@sjps wrote:

My contributions don't include the video option. Someone mentioned updating?

Hi @sjps Question and answers are available by now but for the video if you update and didn't see this feature it means the update has not arrived yet, but as TokyoJoe said the updates are still rolling out. So sometimes soon it will be available for everyone 

Level 10

Great @Martin_G 

@Martin_G wrote:

Tested.  

https://goo.gl/maps/iFati9SbZAy

How many mb was your video? 

Level 10

@davidcox wrote:

@TokyoJoe,  @HelloSamsonR Have either of you seen and policy of guidelines for adding video regarding the content of the videos, what is allow and what is not?  I do not want to go off in the wrong direction.

@davidcox No official policy or guidelines yet. But if I were you I would still follow the same policies regarding photos as well on maps till there is an official confirmation of policies and guidelines regarding video upload. That's my own view 😃

Level 8

@HelloSamsonR wrote:

Great @Martin_G 

@Martin_G wrote:

Tested.  

@HelloSamsonR video had 43 mb an 29 sec.

Community moderator: Slovak Local Guides

Level 10

@Martin_G wrote:

@HelloSamsonR wrote:

Great @Martin_G 

@Martin_G wrote:

Tested.  

@HelloSamsonR video had 43 mb an 29 sec.

@Martin_G Brilliant 👏👏👏👍. Thanks for sharing with us. 

Level 9

@HelloSamsonR and @TokyoJoe I don't see that option on my iOS device, however I see Q&A but it's not available on iOS devices yet. Hope it will be soon. 😊

Level 8

@KarthikeyanLandRov yes I understand I'm using IOS 10.3.3 720HD to 1080HD the 720 on mine is quit good

@KARTHIKEYAN wrote:

Around 15.58 to 17.00 MB take this videos integrate, it will depends upon resolutions of mobile cameras. @HelloSamsonR, @FaridTDF, @DavidTito, @antonymathew, @FaridTDF, @OSAMA

Level 9

@HelloSamsonR  I agree totally but would love to know the intent. Are they looking for panning shots that show and define the location or can it be a sales piece?  I would say panning shots and video walk throughs. I assume no talking heads kind of video.  This could be a pretty creative option and I hope they define it well and keep it under control. Like if you contribute something for a Gecko location should it be totally irrelevant and make no sense? (joke)  Great find and I am off to shoot some video to test it out some more for how they rank and traffic they get vs. 60 picture vs still shots.