HelloSamsonR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Google Integrates Video Option To Google Maps

I was using Maps yesterday and I found out to see Google Maps has finally giving us the option of adding a video to Google Maps.  I saw in my contributions Tab I had a section of  Video but it stated zero videos added. I tried looking for the option of how to add the video but I didn't see it. The question now is were are the options of adding a video ? and how do we add it? 

IMG_20170817_100152.jpg

145 comments

Accepted Solutions
Googler
Solution

Re: Google Integrates Video Option To Google Maps

HelloSamsonR, you are quick in picking this up! The team is getting ready to support video contribution soon. Stay tuned as we roll out more updates. 

View solution in original post

Level 7

Add video feature on Google Map

I would like to request Google Map Develops to add video feature on Google Map, so that local guides able to upload video of exact location. I think this feature will be important to everyone who searching on map.

Level 7

Re: Add video feature on Google Map

Best idea I've heard so far!

Videos of inside/at a location could be awesome!

Level 10

Hi @satish_shende@LukeChaffey its not necessary. there is you tube facility. And You tube also google product only. If you drop in you tube you will get more views also.  they are giving link facility for videos also. 

Level 7

@Ravi_Kiran

You tube has different platform, its useful to see and upload video on map. visitors can can see photos, information, and small video of location at a time,  it may helpful to underground what real location it is, and help whether location created is fake? 

Former Google Contributor

Thanks for sharing this piece of feedback @satish_shende, I'll pass it along to the team. While currently there isn't a video feature yet, I think the 360 photos shared on some POIs (especially those at scenic places) are pretty good too! 🙂

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 7

Thank you 

Level 8

@satish_shende excellente idée mais laissons peut-etre déjà @JeslynL et l'équipe Google corriger les erreurs d'application et fonctionnalité prioritaires.

Il y a déjà assez de contenu (de mauvaises qualités souvent) dans les POI sans ajouter encore des vidéos d'amateurs qui n'apporterait rien de plus

Swiss | Switzerland | Suisse francophone Level 8 : visitez moi Ne passez pas à coté d'un J'AIME et marquer les réponses comme solution. Android|Jean-Luc|Suisse romande|Switzerland french speaking area|Google Maps Local Guide Level 8 https://goo.gl/maps/HuzFUEBbgtt
Level 9

I also got this @HelloSamsonR 🙂

Video.jpg

Googler
Solution

HelloSamsonR, you are quick in picking this up! The team is getting ready to support video contribution soon. Stay tuned as we roll out more updates.