SP31's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Google I/O: Google Maps Sessions!

Any Local Guides going to this year's I/O? For those who aren't, Google is going to be live streaming some interesting talks about location and maps, mostly in regards to Google Maps. As Local Guides, some of us may be pretty interested in hearing about what's new.

What is Google I/O?

One of the largest Google events every year- I/O is an annual developer festival featuring hands-on learning experiences for attendees, technical talks, and updates regarding different Google products for developers. Even if you aren't a dev, these talks are always a great chance to get the latest news and insights from Googlers working on some of our favorite products! Check out this playlist by our own @KimberlyAnnG from her visit to last year's I/O to see just how exciting it gets.

Here's the schedule revolving around Location & Maps (click title for more info, times listed in PST):

Office Hours: Exploring Maps Solutions

Thu. May 18, 3:30PM - 4:30PM

Making the world your own with Google Maps APIs

Thu. May 18, 4:30PM - 5:30PM

Fri. May 19, 8:30AM - 9:30AM

Fri. May 19, 9:30AM - 10:30AM

Fri. May 19, 10:30AM - 11:30AM

Fri. May 19, 1:30PM - 2:30PM

Even if you're not usually too into the technical aspect of how apps work or are developed, these talks and the main keynote are pretty exciting for anyone interested in what is going on in the Googleverse! Check out the I/O site for more information and see if there are going to be any I/O extended events near you.

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Google, Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA, United States
10 comments
Level 8

Re: Google I/O: Google Maps Sessions!

@SP31 thanks for the information.

Level 9

are u going @SP31?

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 10

@SP31

thank you for your information.

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Connect Moderator

@ShirleyY wrote:

are u going @SP31?

@Shirley unfortunately not, but I hope to next year!  🙂 

Level 10

Level 9

AWESOME LIST @SP31!!!

@Shirley@iyudhi and I will all be at I/O this year.  I haven't really had time to browse the sessions yet and now I may not have to!!!!  Thanks!  Feel free to list any others you come across 😄

And a HUGE thanks for the share of my YouTube playlist on I/O's past 😄  I put them up and hope someone enjoys them.  I know I enjoyed making them 🙂  I'll be doing my best to once again capture and share it all!

?Kimberly on Social ? Google Maps  ? Instagram ? Facebook ? Twitter ?️YouTube ?San Francisco Local Guides

Connect Moderator

@KimberlyAnnG wrote:

AWESOME LIST @SP31!!!

@Shirley@iyudhi and I will all be at I/O this year.  I haven't really had time to browse the sessions yet and now I may not have to!!!!  Thanks!  Feel free to list any others you come across 😄

And a HUGE thanks for the share of my YouTube playlist on I/O's past 😄  I put them up and hope someone enjoys them.  I know I enjoyed making them 🙂  I'll be doing my best to once again capture and share it all!

Thanks! It was so fun watching your take of the events last year, and it was exciting seeing your coverage of the product launches in October - can't wait to see your videos from this year's event! 🙂 

Level 9

Macchefigataaaaaaa...
Questo è solo l'inizio.. this is just the beginning