SanyaOdare's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Google Events In Nigeria Without Local Guides

I can't agree less with you @Charleybaits.

@Charleybaits wrote:

@JuanCh its actually little things like this that keeps the community and the people therein motivated. Thank you for your apt response and don't forget to keep to your words on subsequent events. 

Level 10

@TraciC Noted. Thank you for elucidating further. 

Level 10

Don't you worry @felixsunny, I trust Google Moderators to ensure that Local Guides in Nigeria are well informed and invited of subsequent events. By the way, it was a great pleasure meeting you and other Local Guides yesterday at University of Lagos UNILAG. Many thanks to @Mayford for making the Lagos Local Guides Workshop happen.

Lagos Local Guides Workshop - UNILAGLagos Local Guides Workshop - UNILAGLagos Local Guides Workshop - UNILAGLagos Local Guides Workshop - UNILAG

Level 10

Thanks a million @TraciC for being so ever supportive.

@TraciC wrote:

@SanyaOdare Google is a very large company and while we would love for all Local Guides everywhere to be able to attend all Google events, unfortunately that just isn't possible. When there is an opportunity to include Local Guides in official Google events, we do so. We'll take note of your feedback, however. Thank you. 

Please note, I've removed the solution you accepted for your post as it is not actually a solution, as noted in this post.

Level 7

Hello everyone, just to clear this mix up, myself and @ChiomaJ were the only individuals who are local guides at the event, but we weren't invited as local guides. I don't think anyone was invited as a local guide. I was invited as a member of Google's broader developer groups, and Chioma was invited as a member of Google's Android Learning Community. I thought it was a small event for just developers, until I arrived and met a lot of people.

Although we we local guides weren't invited, but our video showing our work was, and the way we helped make the change and create the Lagos map was also highlighted.

But I wouldn't deny that I also felt hurt, missing the other events that local guides could have attended, and also not being in the video that was shown, but it is all good. Being carried along by the company you help enable through your contributions as a community member helps increase your morale to want to continue contributing, and I hope Google as a whole see how we being left out doesn't necessarily add to our morale/zeal or want to keep our contributions alive. All in all, it is all good.

Level 10

@ErnestI see this 

Level 7

Thank you @Osioke for this explanation. We were actually surprised to hear about Local guides Nigeria being talked about in details during the event and the video being shown. I think only 2 top local guides was specially invited and mentioned at the event.

Level 10

I don't mean to gloat over this @Osioke but please note that @HelloSamsonR got an official invite. Thank you!

@Osioke wrote:

Hello everyone, just to clear this mix up, myself and @ChiomaJ were the only individuals who are local guides at the event, but we weren't invited as local guides. I don't think anyone was invited as a local guide. I was invited as a member of Google's broader developer groups, and Chioma was invited as a member of Google's Android Learning Community. I thought it was a small event for just developers, until I arrived and met a lot of people.

Although we we local guides weren't invited, but our video showing our work was, and the way we helped make the change and create the Lagos map was also highlighted.

But I wouldn't deny that I also felt hurt, missing the other events that local guides could have attended, and also not being in the video that was shown, but it is all good. Being carried along by the company you help enable through your contributions as a community member helps increase your morale to want to continue contributing, and I hope Google as a whole see how we being left out doesn't necessarily add to our morale/zeal or want to keep our contributions alive. All in all, it is all good.

Level 10

Thank you @ChiomaJ!

@ChiomaJ wrote:

Thank you @Osioke for this explanation. We were actually surprised to hear about Local guides Nigeria being talked about in details during the event and the video being shown. I think only 2 top local guides was specially invited and mentioned at the event.

Level 7

I would like to attend one. Please get us informed.

Hosanna David