SanyaOdare's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Googler
Solution

Re: Google Events In Nigeria Without Local Guides

Hello @SanyaOdare @Mayford @iykmba @Sayo, the Local Guides program was featured during the keynote at the Google for Nigeria event and so were two other community members who got an invite for this event. As this was a Google wide event, we were unfortunately unable to invite more Local Guides members. However, we appreciate your feedback about more communication when it comes to these type of events. Thanks!

Level 7

Hi @SanyaOdare @Mayford

I was aware of it but couldn't go for it because I am currently working full time. 

@ChiomaJ and some others are there.

Keep doing cool things that Matters!!!
Level 6

This is really disheartening, it means that Google does not acknowledge the efforts of Nigeria Local Guides. Why would only one local guide be invited to such an event whereas we are over three hundred? This may automatically be a discouragement to the present as well as potential Nigeria Local Guides...truly sad! 

Nonetheless, I beseech the Nigeria Local Guides to keep on doing the good work without relenting efforts while we hope that Google keeps to the promises of benefits assured to active members of the Nigeria Local Guides Community. 

Level 7

@JuanCh its actually little things like this that keeps the community and the people therein motivated. Thank you for your apt response and don't forget to keep to your words on subsequent events. 

Googler

@SanyaOdare Google is a very large company and while we would love for all Local Guides everywhere to be able to attend all Google events, unfortunately that just isn't possible. When there is an opportunity to include Local Guides in official Google events, we do so. We'll take note of your feedback, however. Thank you. 

Please note, I've removed the solution you accepted for your post as it is not actually a solution, as noted in this post.

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 10

@Sayo, i learnt the Local Hero: Supporting Women's Rights In Nigeria video was played at the Google For Nigeria Event. How novel and lovely would it have been for those at the event to actually see / meet with several Local Guides? 

@Sayo wrote:

Well spoken @SanyaOdare Such events should have the buy-in of local guide communities where ever Google is hosting them.

Level 10

@iykmba, @UzomaJ, @Charleybaits, @Mayford, I believe Google simply just missed a BIG OPPORTUNITY to make a profound statement in Nigeria.

@iykmba wrote:

@SanyaOdare @Mayford

Exactly and that's discouraging.

It should even be a rallying point to encourage current local guides and prospective local guides as well.

@SanyaOdare wrote:

@Mayford probably there are more Google Events that we've missed.

@Mayford wrote:

Google Nigeria should always carry us along in events like this. @SanyaOdare I'm just learning about the Google Art and Culture event from your post. That's making two missed events without any invite. Well, quite it's sad.

Level 10

@SanyaOdare Exactly. 

It would have made a huge impact.

@SanyaOdare wrote:

@iykmba, @UzomaJ, @Charleybaits, @Mayford, I believe Google simply just missed a BIG OPPORTUNITY to make a profound statement in Nigeria.

@iykmba wrote:

@SanyaOdare @Mayford

Exactly and that's discouraging.

It should even be a rallying point to encourage current local guides and prospective local guides as well.

@SanyaOdare wrote:

@Mayford probably there are more Google Events that we've missed.

@Mayford wrote:

Google Nigeria should always carry us along in events like this. @SanyaOdare I'm just learning about the Google Art and Culture event from your post. That's making two missed events without any invite. Well, quite it's sad.

Level 10

Thanks a million @JuanCh for your prompt response! In addition to Local Hero: Supporting Women's Rights In Nigeria video that was played it would have been novel and lovely for those at the event to actually see / meet with several Local Guides. 

@JuanCh wrote:

Hello @SanyaOdare @Mayford @iykmba @Sayo, the Local Guides program was featured during the keynote at the Google for Nigeria event and so were two other community members who got an invite for this event. As this was a Google wide event, we were unfortunately unable to invite more Local Guides members. However, we appreciate your feedback about more communication when it comes to these type of events. Thanks!

Level 10

Thank you @UzomaJ for the feedback!

@UzomaJ wrote:

Hi @SanyaOdare @Mayford

I was aware of it but couldn't go for it because I am currently working full time. 

@ChiomaJ and some others are there.