SanyaOdare's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Google Events In Nigeria Without Local Guides

Initially I thought it was simply an oversight when I saw a close pal on Facebook posted pictures she took at Google Nigeria Art and Culture Event. Today again, another landmark Google For Nigeria event takes place and only one Local Guide got an invite - out of a country that boast of 180 million population? Permit me to express my displeasure by stating that this doesn't tally with one of the promises made to me when I joined the Local Guides program. Can you imagine the likes of @iykmba (Level 10), @Mayford (Level 8), Sayo@UzomaJ@pwanaduku and many other active Local Guides missing out on attending a major Google For Nigeria event today? @TraciC@GusMoreira@HelloJess@JuanCh, please help ensure that Nigeria Local Guides are informed and invited for subsequent Google events. Thank you!

Google For Nigeria EventGoogle For Nigeria EventGoogle For Nigeria EventGoogle For Nigeria EventGoogle For Nigeria EventGoogle For Nigeria Event

Nigeria
32 comments

Accepted Solutions
Googler
Solution

Re: Google Events In Nigeria Without Local Guides

Hello @SanyaOdare @Mayford @iykmba @Sayo, the Local Guides program was featured during the keynote at the Google for Nigeria event and so were two other community members who got an invite for this event. As this was a Google wide event, we were unfortunately unable to invite more Local Guides members. However, we appreciate your feedback about more communication when it comes to these type of events. Thanks!

View solution in original post

Level 10

@SanyaOdare it is quite disheartening to see this

@SanyaOdare wrote:

Initially I thought it was simply an oversight when I saw a close pal on Facebook posted pictures she took at Google Nigeria Art and Culture Event. Today again, another landmark Google For Nigeria event takes place and only one Local Guide got an invite - out of a country that boast of 180 million population? Permit me to express my displeasure by stating that this doesn't tally with one of the promises made to me when I joined the Local Guides program. Can you imagine the likes of @iykmba (Level 10), @Mayford (Level 8), Sayo@UzomaJ@pwanaduku and many other active Local Guides missing out on attending a major Google For Nigeria event today? @TraciC@GusMoreira@HelloJess@JuanCh, please help ensure that Nigeria Local Guides are informed and invited for subsequent Google events. Thank you!

Google For Nigeria EventGoogle For Nigeria EventGoogle For Nigeria EventGoogle For Nigeria EventGoogle For Nigeria EventGoogle For Nigeria Event

Level 10

I missed this event. No invite mail whatsoever from Google. 😞

Isaac
Level 10

It is @iykmba

@iykmba wrote:

@SanyaOdare it is quite disheartening to see this

@SanyaOdare wrote:

Level 10

Google Nigeria should always carry us along in events like this. @SanyaOdare I'm just learning about the Google Art and Culture event from your post. That's making two missed events without any invite. Well, quite it's sad. 

Isaac
Level 10

@Mayford, how can one attend an event you're not informed about or invited to?

@Mayford wrote:

Level 10

Exactly! One could have been turned back at entry without invitation mail or card. 

@SanyaOdare wrote:

@Mayford, how can one attend an event you're not informed about or invited to?

@Mayford wrote:

Isaac
Level 10

@Mayford probably there are more Google Events that we've missed.

@Mayford wrote:

Google Nigeria should always carry us along in events like this. @SanyaOdare I'm just learning about the Google Art and Culture event from your post. That's making two missed events without any invite. Well, quite it's sad.

Level 8

Well spoken @SanyaOdare Such events should have the buy-in of local guide communities where ever Google is hosting them.

Level 10

@SanyaOdare @Mayford

Exactly and that's discouraging.

It should even be a rallying point to encourage current local guides and prospective local guides as well.

@SanyaOdare wrote:

@Mayford probably there are more Google Events that we've missed.

@Mayford wrote: