JillE's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Google Earth Voyager gets festive

Screen Shot 2017-12-04 at 12.02.02 PM.png

Ready to get into the festive spirit? Check out these new lists featuring Local Guides on Google Earth Voyager:

Winter Wonderlands

Local Guides show you how to celebrate the winter season in style, whether it’s ice-skating in Vienna, dropping in on Santa and his elves in Finland, or filling up on curry Bratwurst in Berlin.

Coolest Ice Hotels

Take a trip around some of the world’s coolest ice-sculpted accommodations with Local Guides. Imagine bars where the glasses are made from ice – and even beds made from the frosty stuff – plus glass igloos, ice churches, the northern lights, and more.

Christmas Markets

A festive market is guaranteed to get you into the festive mood, with the scents of mulled wine and cinnamon in the air, and stalls laden with freshly made foods and unique gifts. Voyager travels everywhere from the snowy old town of Prague to buzzy Bryant Square in New York, where you can alternate between gift shopping and taking a whirl on the ice skating rink.

Caption: The Christmas Market in Strasbourg, France, photographed by Local Guide Emilien A.

10 comments
Level 10

Re: Google Earth Voyager gets festive

Hi @JillE

All 3 places are unique and fabulous. Its a great way to start a festive season and holidays. 

Thanks for sharing 

Have a good day 

Connect Moderator

Thanks @JillE

I'm happy to see how Google earth voyager follows Local Guides activities, sharing always the beauty of our planet. 

I love it. 

Ermes 

Connect Moderator

Thanks for sharing with us @JillE

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 9

very very nice :))))) @JillE :)))

Level 8

@JillE great post.

Actually, the cold is not that much here in Bangladesh like snowing.

But we can fill the cold of around 4-5 degree Celcius. Now this time we are about to full of the winter season.

We have some specialty of winter here in Bangladesh. Pitha(Various types of homemade cake), date juice and many more.

Level 8

Nice share @JillE, i was wondering how the taste of Curry Bratwurst is, kind looks yummy

Foodie Lover, I`m The man behind the pan, love cooking and love to eat. MakanMasak
Level 9

Hey @JillE you just make us festive 😄

Nice photo and nice place description in addition.

Love to be there if possible.

Level 6

nice

Level 8

@JillE Thank you ! for the nice post. 

Flames up the festive spirit. 🙂

Cheers!