Googler

Re: Google Drive Storage Promotion Ending

@vijay_v will reply in private message.

Thanks

Level 8

Hello all,

Just saw the new news 

And according to my views it's a good initiative that Google removed the storage 

Because some people just use to spam and get the thing and that's useless 

But now only people who voluntarily like contributing will contribute which will make the maps spam free 

I am really excited to see the new updates 

I liked this part 

Stay tuned for more features and perks to pop up throughout the year.

I would suggest to put a system where the Google decides the contribution of a "particular person" and gives reward accordingly so no spam people get the reward, only people who really contribute to the community can enjoy..

Level 4

I never used the 100G bonus. For me 100G with one year limit is useless. Should be for exemple 10G permanently.

Level 6

Bonjour , 

j'ai atteint le niveau 4 depuis quelques temps et je n'ai jamais reçu de mail concernant la promotion pour les 100 go de stockage sur drive.

Je suis allé sur la page d'accueil local guides. il m'indique bien que j'ai dépassé le niveau 4 mais je ne vois pas comment activer les 100 go de stockage.

Que faut il faire ?

Merci pour votre aide 

Level 4

Redeem your Google Drive storage - 30 day expiry

Hi All,

I am so sad that the 100GB Free Google Drive storage expires after 30days.

I have totally forgotten to use mine, and now after 6 months I see it is expired!

Why it is like that!? Giving timely based voucher /present for spending so much time on writing review and correcting map which leads to high revenue for the company, is not acceptable!

I am getting local guide emails every week, could not you send a reminder for using that voucher!?

Disappointed!

Level 6

[CANCELLED] Re: Google Drive Storage Promotion Ending

Quand avez-vous atteint le niveau 4? Si il ya plus d'un mois, vous ne pourrez malheureusement pas obtenir les 100GB avantages de stockage

Level 6

Je ne sais pas quand j ai atteint le niveau 4. 

Je n'ai  meme pas reçu de mail pour me prévenir ! C' est vraiment pas tres sympathique tout ça !!!

Level 2

True. Seen those a lot around my area where I grew up and stay, had to spend time to make suggestions and edits though some won't even edit at all 😕 #sigh. Here's to a better experience.

Level 8

@TraciC

Thanks for your announcements and have forwarded the message to our Local guides community page. 

Is there another reward for local guides Google is planning to launch soon?

@TraciC wrote:

lg_drive_banner.png

Today we announced via email that the Google Drive promotion is ending, but Local Guides who reach Level 4 by March 17, 2017 at 11pm EST can still unlock 100GB of free storage.

With two weeks to go, there’s still time for you to make high-quality contributions to Google Maps about places you’ve visited recently. Remember, you can earn points in five different ways. If photos and reviews are your preference, be sure to check out these tips for writing great reviews and uploading great photos.

Stay tuned for more features and perks to pop up throughout the year.

Below are answers to some questions we think you may have about this change.

I didn’t receive that email.

To manage your email preferences, visit the Local Guides settings page. It may take up to 7 days for your email preferences to be implemented.

Why did you change this promotion?

As our global community of Local Guides continues to grow, we occasionally make changes to our program. We look forward to offering our most active and consistently-contributing Local Guides more features and perks throughout the year.

I just reached Level 4, how do I redeem my benefit?

You can visit Local Guides Home to access your free Drive storage code. The benefit must be redeemed within 30 days of being issued and is valid for one year.

Note: Please be sure to activate the Drive storage code on the same account that you would like to apply the additional drive storage. We are unable to reverse Drive storage activations or change the account once the code has been activated.

I already reached Level 4 but never redeemed by benefit; do I still get it?

As noted in our Help Center (and in the email you received notifying you about the benefit upon reaching Level 4 if you receive benefit emails), the benefit must be redeemed within 30 days of being issued and is valid for one year. If the code is not available to you when you visit Local Guides Home it is past those 30 days and we are unable to troubleshoot or award a new Drive storage code.

I have another question.

Check out this part of our Help Center for more information on Drive storage.

For more information about the Local Guides program, check out the Help Center and if you can’t find an answer, ask it here in Connect under the appropriate forum.