TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Re: Google Drive Storage Promotion Ending

So basically you are happy that the promotion stops for everyone else but would still welcome keeping it yourself. 

That's the definition of selfishness. 

Poor sport. 

Level 7

@GuilhermeC wrote:

I reached the level 4 by July 2016. I was waiting a better opportunity to redeem the offer. But now I can't find the button to redeem the drive storage. Did I loose it for good?

You have lost it for good.

From the original post:

I already reached Level 4 but never redeemed by benefit; do I still get it?
As noted in our Help Center (and in the email you received notifying you about the benefit upon reaching Level 4 if you receive benefit emails), the benefit must be redeemed within 30 days of being issued and is valid for one year. If the code is not available to you when you visit Local Guides Home it is past those 30 days and we are unable to troubleshoot or award a new Drive storage code.

Level 7

@DamoM wrote:

I've been a level 4 contributor for a few months and I've never seen any email that shows my how to claim my free storage. I've just checked all my settings and I'm still no further forward. Can anyone help?

Thanks 👍

@DamoM  Because more than 30 days have passed Google are unable to help.

From the original post:

As noted in our Help Center (and in the email you received notifying you about the benefit upon reaching Level 4 if you receive benefit emails), the benefit must be redeemed within 30 days of being issued and is valid for one year. If the code is not available to you when you visit Local Guides Home it is past those 30 days and we are unable to troubleshoot or award a new Drive storage code.

Level 7

@EmanU wrote:

Hi, I became a Level 5 back in November, but never received my Google Drive promotion. Is there anything I can do to get it?

Thanks!

@EmanU Because 30 days have passed there is nothing you can do to get it back.

From the original post:

Level 8

Thanks for the response Peter. I never received such notification and searched through my emails to see if I missed it. Not the end of the world, but hopefully they'll advertise how to redeem our newly earned "benefits" better next time. Thanks again

Level 5

Please help I am level 5 and would like to redeem the google drive promotion but can't find the code anywhere on local guide's Home 

@TraciC wrote:

lg_drive_banner.png

Today we announced via email that the Google Drive promotion is ending, but Local Guides who reach Level 4 by March 17, 2017 at 11pm EST can still unlock 100GB of free storage.

With two weeks to go, there’s still time for you to make high-quality contributions to Google Maps about places you’ve visited recently. Remember, you can earn points in five different ways. If photos and reviews are your preference, be sure to check out these tips for writing great reviews and uploading great photos.

Stay tuned for more features and perks to pop up throughout the year.

Below are answers to some questions we think you may have about this change.

I didn’t receive that email.

To manage your email preferences, visit the Local Guides settings page. It may take up to 7 days for your email preferences to be implemented.

Why did you change this promotion?

As our global community of Local Guides continues to grow, we occasionally make changes to our program. We look forward to offering our most active and consistently-contributing Local Guides more features and perks throughout the year.

I just reached Level 4, how do I redeem my benefit?

You can visit Local Guides Home to access your free Drive storage code. The benefit must be redeemed within 30 days of being issued and is valid for one year.

Note: Please be sure to activate the Drive storage code on the same account that you would like to apply the additional drive storage. We are unable to reverse Drive storage activations or change the account once the code has been activated.

As noted in our Help Center (and in the email you received notifying you about the benefit upon reaching Level 4 if you receive benefit emails), the benefit must be redeemed within 30 days of being issued and is valid for one year. If the code is not available to you when you visit Local Guides Home it is past those 30 days and we are unable to troubleshoot or award a new Drive storage code.

I have another question.

Check out this part of our Help Center for more information on Drive storage.

For more information about the Local Guides program, check out the Help Center and if you can’t find an answer, ask it here in Connect under the appropriate forum.

Level 7

Oh, what a pity ☹️

Thanks for the answer!

Anyway, I will still contribute to Google Maps. I kinda find it funny

Level 2

IMHO, more alerts and time should be provides to encourage people join this movement. This is really a useful attempt by Google to involve more people in making community collaboration better.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @StormS, the benefit must be redeemed within 30 days of being issued and is valid for one year. This promotion will expire after the cut-off date.

Former Google Contributor

@DamoM You will be able to  unlock 100GB of free Google Drive storage when you reached level 4 and it must be redeemed within 30 days of being issued. A benefit email has been sent to notify you but if you didn't receive the email, you would need to adjust your email preference to receive such emails moving forward.