TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

Re: Google Drive Storage Promotion Ending

I read that earlier but the answer is not clear to me. Does it means if I use 30GB by end of 1year then still I will have that 30GB but I will not be able to use the rest of 70GB. Is that right?

@LuisR wrote:

@AmirS wrote:

What will happen after one year? Should we start paying for the storage? I wish Google something smaller but allows us to keep it forever. We don't remove our contributions after one year, why we should lose access or pay for the gifted storage space?

Hi @AmirS, you can read about it in our Help Center

Level 7

Re: Google Should Review 100GB Promo Expiration

@PabloV wrote:

After reading so many Local Guides that feel big frustration because one of these reasons:

1- They weren't aware of the 30 days deadline to redeem the code to get 100GB for Drive storage

2- They NEVER got the email with any code (like me)

<snip>

If Google has not been sending out notification emails it should be sending that is a problem that needs a much bigger solution than reviewing the promo expiration date.

But I remain to be convinced that happened. Perhaps the potential receiver took the option to not receive notification emails. Perhaps the email arrived but was overlooked. Etc. Etc.

For what it is worth (say a retrospective Inbox search)  the subject line of the notification I received was Google Local Guides. A key part of the message read:

Drive storage upgrade must be redeemed and applied to a Google account within 30 days. This upgrade is active for 1 year at 100 GB of additional storage. For more information, please see the Local Guides Help Centre.

Level 4

I still cannot understand why Google decided to close drive storage promotion to people who even want to continue contribution... Is there still anyway I can receive 100gb being 4th contributor?

Level 7

@Petersoniq wrote:

@PabloV wrote:

After reading so many Local Guides that feel big frustration because one of these reasons:

1- They weren't aware of the 30 days deadline to redeem the code to get 100GB for Drive storage

2- They NEVER got the email with any code (like me)

<snip>

If Google has not been sending out notification emails it should be sending that is a problem that needs a much bigger solution than reviewing the promo expiration date.

But I remain to be convinced that happened. Perhaps the potential receiver took the option to not receive notification emails. Perhaps the email arrived but was overlooked. Etc. Etc.

For what it is worth (say a retrospective Inbox search)  the subject line of the notification I received was Google Local Guides. A key part of the message read:

Drive storage upgrade must be redeemed and applied to a Google account within 30 days. This upgrade is active for 1 year at 100 GB of additional storage. For more information, please see the Local Guides Help Centre.

As already explained I only received an email telling that I was going to receive another email in five weeks to get the promotion benefit.

That email never got my inbox (I never changed my email preferences at all).

And of course, the email that I DID receive did not tell anything about 30 days... So it was impossible to me to know. I focus on contributing with high quality content, barely enter forums.

So, sadly, it seems I lost the 100GB upgrade promotion...

Not fair in my opinion.

Level 10

Re: Google drive not yet upgraded

Ok. No problem. Thanks buddy.

Pratik Asutkar
Level 10

I am of the similar opinion. I too came to know about the forums when i contacted support team about the benefit. Sad to know that even after contributing continuously for so long, I am not able to get the benefit. I never got a mail saying I have to activate within 30 days nor I got the code. 

Pratik Asutkar
Former Google Contributor

@AmirS wrote:

I read that earlier but the answer is not clear to me. Does it means if I use 30GB by end of 1year then still I will have that 30GB but I will not be able to use the rest of 70GB. Is that right?

@LuisR wrote:

@AmirS wrote:

What will happen after one year? Should we start paying for the storage? I wish Google something smaller but allows us to keep it forever. We don't remove our contributions after one year, why we should lose access or pay for the gifted storage space?

Hi @AmirS, you can read about it in our Help Center

I'm afraid that's not the case: by the end of the year, we won't remove any files that you have (after all, they are yours) but you won't be able to keep using the product because you'll be over the limit of the 15GB of free storage. So you'll have to download/transfer enough files to be below the 15GB threshold. 

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Level 7

Google Drive free storage issues

Hello, I got email to redeem level 4 benefit (100Gb drive space)... I can see the link under level 4 benefits of local guide but when i click nothing happens...

[EMAIL ADDRESS REDACTED]

Screenshot_20170302-133244.png

who can help me out here ... thanks

Level 3

Free Google Drive storage for level 4 guides only until March 17. 2017

I am 70 points away from being a level 4 Google Guides.  I read somewhere that the promised 100G of Free Google Drive storage will no longer apply after March 17 of 2017.  I know I won't be able to reach that goal.  That was one of the most attractive promises to become a Level 4 Guide.

Anybody who already has access to that storage or who will reach level 4 by that date wiull still get it.

If this conversation is being monitored by anybody from Google, do you care to comment?

Level 1

Google is amazing and i am looking forward to all the new things they will come out with.

@GrantM wrote:

I am very excited to see what the future holds. Actually quite anxious as Google never ceases to amaze. 

"We look forward to offering our most active and consistently-contributing Local Guides more features and perks throughout the year."