TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Google Drive Storage Promotion Ending

Same here to me,

LEVEL 8 and counting...and a lovely downgrade from 1TB to 15GB as local guides christmas present.

That's really not an elegant procedure

Level 9

Re: About benifit

@Sivamaruthi197 wrote:

How can I get free google drive storage I’m in 5th level local guide 

Hi @Sivamaruthi197,

Google drive perk no longer available to redeem. More information here.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 8

Betreff: Google Drive Storage Promotion Ending

same Problem here 

im level 8 and google downgrade my storage now im sooo sad about local guide program

Level 8

Google Drive Storage Promotion Ending

I think a lot of Local Guides will stop contributing now...

The right thing would be for Google to extend the drive space promotion for those of us actually contributing frequently. Of course the storage space was an incentive when I stared with Local Guides, but I mainly did it, because I like to help others, and appreciate it when I get help in other cities I visit, from those Local Guides living there. 

The thing that makes me mad is that Local Guides didn't even send an email so we could prepare. Now I'm frantically downloading my content so Google doesn't cripple my Gmail. Yeah sure I could buy the storage upgrade, "it's only $10", yeah every month it's $10...

I kinda feel like we were baited into needing to pay for storage. I set my content upload to "original quality" because why not, the space was sitting there. There's no way to change that anymore, 2 years of  content is there in original quality, that I have to download, otherwise it'll get deleted. I would have been fine with just high quality pictures that can be stored without limit, but I was seduced.

BTW Flickr gives away 1TB space with no strings attached, just saying...

Thankfully I have a G Suite account, that I pay for anyways, because of my business, so I'll just migrate the content over. I still feel tricked and used...

If you are in the same situation, that you have an other account that you can migrate your content over to here is some help:

First it's best if you use Google Takeout (takeout.google.com) to download all your content, just to make sure you have a backup! Always back everything up, always!

The easiest way to migrate from one account to an other is to use the new "Shared Library" feature of Google Photos:

1. Set up a "Shared Library" with that account

2. Share "all content" with that account

3. On the account you're sharing with, in the settings set the Save automatically option to "save all content" 

Wait till all the content transfers over. This can take a while depending on how much you have. After it's transferred, you can delete the content from your crippled source account.

Oh yeah I still think it's not too late for Local Guides and Google to do the right thing, and extend the promotion for those of us who worked so much on Maps, so if you are reading this think about how much we did for you, and how little that drive space is in the grand scheme of things, even if it's for thousands of people...

Level 10

Re: Google Drive Storage Promotion Ending

@kozjegyzo wrote:

The easiest way to migrate from one account to an other is to use the new "Shared Library" feature of Google Photos:

1. Set up a "Shared Library" with that account

2. Share "all content" with that account

3. On the account you're sharing with, in the settings set the Save automatically option to "save all content" 

Wait till all the content transfers over. This can take a while depending on how much you have. After it's transferred, you can delete the content from your crippled source account.

Nice trick! I never think about. I'm using multcloud to do the same thing, but it's not so easy!
Level 6

Rif.: Free Drive Storage

Which is no explanation. Taking away the 100gb is just a trick to make people dependant of cloud storage, in order to make them buy extra storage.

A gift is no gift of you take it home after the party.

Don't be evil Google!

Level 7

I had 127 GB now it's 17GB why?

It looks like Google Decided to give me space while I didn't have a use for it. Once I started using it went down to 17GB ?

Does anyone know how to get it back ?

Is there a risk of not receiving mail since I am consuming now 130% from the current 17GB space 😞

Level 9

Re: I had 127 GB now it's 17GB why?

@Bosh wrote:

It looks like Google Decided to give me space while I didn't have a use for it. Once I started using it went down to 17GB ?

Does anyone know how to get it back ?

Is there a risk of not receiving mail since I am consuming now 130% from the current 17GB space 😞

Hi @Bosh,

There is no way to get back space in drive. As per this post it was ended by this march. Yes there is a risk for receiving mails. You have to remove your personal data from drive. For more info plz carefully read this post.

Kind Regards

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 7

About Gift fro Drive stroge

At Which Level user get 100gb stroge in Drive

Level 7

Re: About Gift fro Drive stroge

Hello @Narenbakuya2013

From what I understand, that promotion has ended and ATM there has been no announcement as to if there will be another.

FYI = It was Level 4

You can read more about it here ( Google Drive Storage Promotion Ending )