TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: where is the 1TB free storage? A carrot on a stick?

@Wherestherewards I'm sorry that you feel the way you do. Unfortunately, the 1TB promotion ended in March 2017, and even prior to that it had been scaled back. Initially it was 1TB for 2 years, then scaled back to 100GB for 1 year, to ending completely.

There have been various promotions since the Google Drive promotion ended, might I suggest you visit your profile settings page at https://maps.google.com/localguides/home/settings and make sure the "Perks" and "News & Product Update e-mails are checked, so you can be notified as soon as other new promotions come along.

M. W. Jones -- Former Map Maker Regional Lead, United States
Level 5

Hello BruceDM

Dude, who is we? are you part of Google? or just a bot "moderator"? I didn't get an email regarding the end of the promotion, or I would have jumped on it, I bet everyone would have jumped on it. It didn't go into my spam box, I check the spam often and I get very little spam.

So my rant goes to you... stop saying that the emails went out, because obviously some of us didn't get it. The point we are trying to make is that it was very easy to contribute to Guides, in that same way it should have been made clear, that the promotion was coming to an end. So don't sit there and say that we were made aware, at this point it's better to just tell us "too bad you missed the boat" kind of like what your partner SampsonF "There is no point to continue this discussion. The ship has sailed.  Please move on." he didn't sugar coat, he just plain said, stop bitching and get over it.

I'm just glad I noticed this scam in time, I had the best summer of my life traveling and I was getting ready to upload a bunch of crap to Guides, not anymore.

Level 10

@MaloFx, So happy to know that you will not upload a bunch of crap to Guides.

Level 6

it was rude , not to let us know that they are ending this promotion. people who had data stored has suddenly come down to 15 gigs and lost all the data.

Level 5

lol- right, I mean who would want to see my crap! HA!

Level 8

Hi @ellel123,

Please allow me to set the record straight here.

From the Google Drive product, people will never lost data already on Drive due to expiry of a Subscription Plan.

It is very simple.  As long as your total space is larger that your userd space, you can keep adding data.

Once your total space is less than your used space, you cannot add more.  But ALL existing data still accessible.

NO data will be lost due to expiry of Subscription Plans.

Thank you.

(All of the above has nothing to do with Local Guides - they are the product property of Google Drive .)

Level 5

Hi Sam,

Still lame.

Level 10

Re: Google Drive Storage Promotion Ending

Hi @SalmanJ

Lets keep our mapping better

How are you ? Let's keep our contributing step by step

You can if you thinh you can

Warm Regards

Level 10

Re: Google Drive Storage Promotion Ending

Hi @NoorulAmeen

Assalaamu alaikum

How Are U ? Let's keep our mapping up, you can get contributing step by step, success

Level 6

Free (Extra) Google Drive storage

Dear Google

I have reached level 6 in google local guide, I like to claim my Free storage of 1TB.

Regards

Anwar Saheed