TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Rif.: Perks?

Hi @jaejizzle

1tb free on google drive is no longer available.
New perk available is free access to New York Times Local Guides within USA, UK, Canada, Australia. the deadline to redeem this perk December 12, 2017 at 11:59 pm EAST

SAL_B Italy
Level 9

Extra 1 TB of Storage - can we get it back?

The extra TB of storage space was ample motivation to propel me forward with map contributions.  

Would Google be so kind to bring this back for local guides that have reached a category 5 or better?

This extra TB of space allows me to save contributions (now videos and photos) made and it feels like a real reward for contributions.

Thanks a bunch!

Robert

Level 8

Re: Extra 1 TB of Storage - can we get it back?

Will be nice if we have 1TB in GD

@Bolar

Level 10

I fully agree and think that the "drive perk" was (and could be) the most suitable and useful reward for LG's. Unfortunately it's not us who decide so let's swallow the bullet for now.

Level 8

@Csaba

@Bolar

Give us permanen maybe after reach level 8, because we need a lot of drive space.

So we can improve our contributions.

Or google can allocated 500gb used for contributing in maps, the rest for others docs.

Level 4

thanks, so if you cant get a free terr, do you get any free space??

Former Google Contributor

Re: Google Drive Storage Promotion Ending

Hi @SegelSack,

Since most of your photos are in Google Drive, you could consider uploading the pictures to Google Photos and ensuring they are at the high-quality resolution to ensure unlimited storage. Another option of course is to purchase Google Drive space.  There are also many inexpensive options in place at this time that you could review at this time.

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 9

Hello there,

Open the link mention below and click on high quality option. I'm after that it won't eat your space for your contribution. 

https://photos.google.com/settings

Kind Regards 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 10

@jaejizzle The Google Drive promotion ended completely in March 2017. Users that received that perk only received it for 2 years (if they received the original 1TB promotion) or for 1 year (if they received the 100GB promotion). Most users are now expiring off from those time-limited promotions. Local Guides are not being offered any additional storage space at this time.

The only perk currently available, as previously mentioned, is the 3 months of the New York Times digital edition for free.

M. W. Jones -- Former Map Maker Regional Lead, United States
Level 6

Re: Google Drive storage upgrade

Dear @TraciC

I reached the level4 long time before your stopped offering the 100GB but still I have not recevied this perk. 
Please help me by reviewing my account. 

Thanks