TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8
Level 8

Just reached level 4 early this week, how I claim more drive space?

Hi, I've been working hard trying to improve Google Maps in my area and reached Level 4 early this week.  When I looked this up in the forums, other people said they were able to claim the 100GB increased Drive space at https://www.google.com/local/guides/ -- However I'm not seeing this benefit option after reaching Level 4.  I also haven't received any emails giving any direction.

Is there a link I can specifically access to claim the 100GB drive increase for reaching Level 4?

Thanks so much,
P

Level 4

Re: Unable to Redeem Google Drive Storage Benefit

@JeslynL I'm so confused. I've ask twice to have some help like others here and haven't gotten a response. Could someone please look into my account as I was a level 4 way before the due date. Thanks

Level 4

Re: Redeem Google Drive Storage Promotion

@TraciC Hi Traci, can you have a look into this for me?

My account was showing that I had reached level 4 the week prior to the promotion, but I couldn't find anywhere to claim.

Like others, I'm pretty annoyed by the fact that I have been told that I haven't reached this goal by this time when I spent so much time making sure that I met the deadline, and with a week's leeway in case there were problems.

It was not clear on how to claim. The promotion clearly said that you had to reach level 4 before the cut off date (which I did) and redeem the benefit within 30 days.

Best Regards, David Radley

Level 7

Ottoman line is GOOGLE ENTICED us into taking part and are now not honouring their part of the deal.

It is enforceable in the UK through the ASA.

The crap bit is now Google employee or any of the Google lakies on here seem to be bothered to check the facts that we passed level four before 17 mar.

Level 4

I just received the benefit.  I don't know from whom.  I think many are surprised that this is the way that Google handles customer service.

Level 7

I'm like you. I got all four badges when I signed up to this forum to ask why I haven't got the 100gb yet I reached level 4 before cut off date.

Obviously GOOGLE are at fault.

@DavidR wrote:

I'm sorry, but I actually reached Level 4 before March 17th. My account was on 201 points by the 10th March. It also said that I have 30 days to claim.

I have only just signed up to this forum which gave me the level 4 badge upon signup, but this badge was earned before the promotion end date. I have never found a way of claiming it, and it was not automatically applied, so please can you apply this promotion.

@AradhanaB wrote:

Hi @DavidR and @ajay The Drive Storage promotion was valid only for Local Guides who reached Level 4 by March 17, 2017 at 11pm EST, and since you reached Level 4 after the promotion ended we would not be able to award the Drive storage benefit to you. If the code is not available to you when you visit Local Guides Home (either at the top of the page or under the Level 4 benefits) it is past the promotion date and we are unable to troubleshoot or award a Drive storage code.

Level 4
Level 4

Dear @JeslynL

@YanniY

@TraciC

I too reached Level 4 on March 16 but didn't get the confirmation email until March 19. I had a score of 204 for most of March 17. I am not able to see the option for redeeming the Google Drive Storage Benefit, can you please advice how to resolve this.

It looks like I am not the only one facing this issue.

Thanks,

KG

FYI: I had also posted a question earlier regarding the same as I suspected that the late (Mar 19) email confirmation would cause issues even though I had achieved Level 4 a full day ahead (on Mar 16) of the deadline of March 17: https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/How/page/2/thread-id/2721

Level 4

Thanks you, JeslynL!

Level 4

@TraciC I have a similar issue as everyone else. Reached elvel 4 before march 17, but didn't receive the email till March 20. Also, don't see the option to claim the 100 GB benefit either. Can you please help me out here?

Level 8

Re: Google Drive Storage Promotion Ending

HELP! I have tried it all, I tried to reply to the email, I went to the local guide home page, I have asked on boards....I still can't see how to expand my storage and it hasn't been 30 days and was before the 17th!