TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

A good incentive and motivation.

The ending of the google drive storage has set me with new goals, and has driven me over the past few weeks to push forward with improving my guides service online. I feel for new comers this is an incentive lost and cannot motivate new comers, but for me this was perfect because I was in reach to have a final push to grab the extra storage space, which will be used to well to store all my new images of new locations ready to share with the guides community.

Despite the ending of this promotion, I really urge you new Guides to share when you can because it really helps the community and people not in our community to make decisions and be more informed in their day to day travels.

Lets hope that people who are nearing Level 4, that your final push is successful! Good luck and keep going to all!

Level 6

Re: Google Drive Storage Promotion Ending

Yes, I totally agree on that.

@MayankM wrote:

I am totally against such comments. I see comments like 'nice', 'amazing' for different locations in my country India. Don't know why people do that. You are not helping anybody buddy. 

@Petersoniq wrote:

Much as I love free stuff I think this is an improvement.

The prime reward for being a Local  Guide should be the joy of providing *quality* / useful / interesting information for people living in your community, people visiting your community.

Unfortunately some Local Guides provided low quality information to quickly accumulate points perhaps to get free drive space. For example somebody added the same one word "Nice" to hundreds of reviews.

@MayankM wrote:

I am totally against such comments. I see comments like 'nice', 'amazing' for different locations in my country India. Don't know why people do that. You are not helping anybody buddy.

Level 4

The disappointing part here is that the 100 gb bonus is used as a bait, after one year you either purchase more or practically your account stops functioning if you enjoyed the extra storage. It makes me think Google realized how unfair that is and didn't find it feasible to permanently give out 100 gb extra space to everyone who participated, so they're terminating the promotion altogether, whereas a permanent but much smaller addition such as 5 gb would have been both fair and useful. Let's hope they come to their senses and solve this problem the right way, like they usually do.

Level 3

If I reach tomorrow level 4. Will I receive it?

Level 3

Legal. Estou contribuindo para tentar alcançar o nivel 4.

Level 4

Google Drive Storage Promotion Ending

That's great............................ 

Level 7

I am excited to see what you have in store! My goal is to become more active on Local Guide and this announcement is actually making me want to contribute more of valuable reviews, photos and honest feedback. 

Connect Moderator
Level 8

Re: Level 4

Don't despair, When I got to Level 4 it took a couple of days before the 100GB Drive storage and Level 4 confirmation email arrived. I recommend for you to be patient and keep upgrading your LG level before the email and storage arrives.

Level 8

Re: I haven't received my activation code 100GB

Try checking in your spam email if the invite was sent there. If not, continue upgrading your LG level and it may come in the mail. I had to wait for a while as well before I got the 100GB activation code.