TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Re: Google Drive Storage Promotion Ending

Hi @СергейГ 

As noted in our Help Center (and in the email you received notifying you about the benefit upon reaching Level 4 if you receive benefit emails), the benefit must be redeemed within 30 days of being issued and is valid for one year. If the code is not available to you when you visit Local Guides Home it is past those 30 days and we are unable to troubleshoot or award a new Drive storage code. 

Thanks,

Ara

Level 4

Iam very sad about the solution that the code ist only 30 days valid. I got the mail, but i had no chance to read it within the 30days! And there is no possibility to get the code again!

It seems that I have to delete all my comments as the 100gb was the reason for me to do it!

Level 8

I was or aware of activating it in 30 days I have got invitation mail on 31st January and now its almost march and 30 days activation period have been lost so can you please help me out in activating drive storage I don't wanna lose it @TraciC @AradhanaB

patty
Former Google Contributor

Hi @patty1996 

As noted in our Help Center (and in the email you received notifying you about the benefit upon reaching Level 4 if you receive benefit emails), the benefit must be redeemed within 30 days of being issued and is valid for one year. If the code is not available to you when you visit Local Guides Home it is past those 30 days and we are unable to troubleshoot or award a new Drive storage code.

Thanks,

Ara

Level 8

I hope there will be more exciting benefits in the future..!!!

Sovon Biswas • Level 8 • Community Moderator • Love to- Travel, Photography, Mapping • Google Fan
Level 7

Late redeem 100 gb drive storage

Anybody got 100gb drive storage after 1 month ?. Is it useful contacting google help?

Level 7

Totally disappointed

Unfortunately I couldn't redeem my 100gb drive storage, because I didn't notice the 30 days deadline. I just noticed it today, but already 30 days over 7 days before. Thinking to stop contribution to google, why should we waste our valuable time?

@TraciC wrote:

lg_drive_banner.png

Today we announced via email that the Google Drive promotion is ending, but Local Guides who reach Level 4 by March 17, 2017 at 11pm EST can still unlock 100GB of free storage.

With two weeks to go, there’s still time for you to make high-quality contributions to Google Maps about places you’ve visited recently. Remember, you can earn points in five different ways. If photos and reviews are your preference, be sure to check out these tips for writing great reviews and uploading great photos.

Stay tuned for more features and perks to pop up throughout the year.

Below are answers to some questions we think you may have about this change.

I didn’t receive that email.

To manage your email preferences, visit the Local Guides settings page. It may take up to 7 days for your email preferences to be implemented.

Why did you change this promotion?

As our global community of Local Guides continues to grow, we occasionally make changes to our program. We look forward to offering our most active and consistently-contributing Local Guides more features and perks throughout the year.

I just reached Level 4, how do I redeem my benefit?

You can visit Local Guides Home to access your free Drive storage code. The benefit must be redeemed within 30 days of being issued and is valid for one year.

Note: Please be sure to activate the Drive storage code on the same account that you would like to apply the additional drive storage. We are unable to reverse Drive storage activations or change the account once the code has been activated.

I already reached Level 4 but never redeemed by benefit; do I still get it?

I have another question.

Check out this part of our Help Center for more information on Drive storage.

For more information about the Local Guides program, check out the Help Center and if you can’t find an answer, ask it here in Connect under the appropriate forum.

😢😢😢😢

Not applicable

Great feature! Too bad that I've heard about it so lately

@TraciC wrote:

lg_drive_banner.png

Today we announced via email that the Google Drive promotion is ending, but Local Guides who reach Level 4 by March 17, 2017 at 11pm EST can still unlock 100GB of free storage.

With two weeks to go, there’s still time for you to make high-quality contributions to Google Maps about places you’ve visited recently. Remember, you can earn points in five different ways. If photos and reviews are your preference, be sure to check out these tips for writing great reviews and uploading great photos.

Stay tuned for more features and perks to pop up throughout the year.

Below are answers to some questions we think you may have about this change.

I didn’t receive that email.

To manage your email preferences, visit the Local Guides settings page. It may take up to 7 days for your email preferences to be implemented.

Why did you change this promotion?

As our global community of Local Guides continues to grow, we occasionally make changes to our program. We look forward to offering our most active and consistently-contributing Local Guides more features and perks throughout the year.

I just reached Level 4, how do I redeem my benefit?

You can visit Local Guides Home to access your free Drive storage code. The benefit must be redeemed within 30 days of being issued and is valid for one year.

Note: Please be sure to activate the Drive storage code on the same account that you would like to apply the additional drive storage. We are unable to reverse Drive storage activations or change the account once the code has been activated.

I already reached Level 4 but never redeemed by benefit; do I still get it?

I have another question.

Check out this part of our Help Center for more information on Drive storage.

For more information about the Local Guides program, check out the Help Center and if you can’t find an answer, ask it here in Connect under the appropriate forum.

Level 7

This is stupid. I made it to level 4 and never got a drive code. Google has terrible customer service because I have sent like 20 emails with no response.

Level 4

For all those waiting for the 100Go code, please, follow https://maps.google.com/localguides/home and click the 100Go gift button (for one year ...).

Then check https://www.google.com/settings/storage

If the button isn't there, the 30 days optin are probably gone.

Regards.

Arnaud.