TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Re: Google Drive Storage Promotion Ending

I have been looking forward to the Google Drive storage perk at level 4, that is now being withdrawn. This decision targets the spammers, but also negatively affects the people that want to contribute quality content, but do so a bit more slowly than the level 5's here.

Perhaps unlike the vocal majority in this thread, I don't write reviews, and I only upload pictures if I find they really capture the venue and add something new to the current set of photos. But I do double check facts, and I do answer questions. At level 81, I know which questions will be asked, and I look out for answers to them at venues I visit.

Sofar, this has been going slowly but steadily - I specifically do not want to add fluffy or low value contributions to quickly accumulate points. I do want to help add to the knowledge about venues so everyone can efficiently find the experiences they are in to.

This does take some effort, and now one of the benefits that make this interesting will be cut. Is there anything we can do to have Google reconsider withdrawing this?

Googler

Hi @JulienH, we appreciate the feedback as we're constantly evolving program. Regarding photos, I would recommend you to use Google Photo to storage unlimited photos, you can find more info here.

Thanks!

Googler

Hi @GeorgH, thanks for your contributions and feedback. As Traci's post states, as our global community of Local Guides continues to grow, we occasionally make changes to our program. We look forward to offering our most active and consistently-contributing Local Guides more features and perks throughout the year. Stay tuned for that!

You can still reach Level 4 by March 17 and get the Drive benefit. 

Thanks,

Juan

Level 3

@JuanC wrote:

You can still reach Level 4 by March 10 and get the Drive benefit. 

@JuanCh, that allows 6 days for 119 pictures, reviews, or new venues to answer questions about. That's not the contribution quality type I hope anyone here is aiming for. Are you really encouraging that I -or anyone- do that?

Googler

Hola @TecnoD, el cupón de almacenamiento de Drive sólo puede ser canjeado una vez cuando alcanzas el nivel 4 de nuestro programa. Veo que tu has alcanzado dicho nivel en Agosto de 2016, por lo tanto probablemente ya lo hayas canjeado. En caso contrario, dicho beneficio está disponible por 30 días una vez que se genera el código.

Muchas gracias por tus contribuciones, saludos!

Googler

Hello @GeorgH, we never encourage low contributions and sorry for the typo, I meant you have time until March 17, 2017 at 11pm EST. This gives you plenty of time to get those points by uploading great quality pictures you've taken, by fact checking or reviewing new places.

Level 6

@TraciCI got an email for activating the 100GB additional storage on Feb 22nd. I clicked on the Redeem button in the profile page, but didn't complete the process since I wanted to get the storage added to a different account.

But now, am not able to find the 'Redeem' button 😄 Could anyone of you help me out?

Thanks,

Vijay

Level 6

You can still reach Level 4 by March 10 and get the Drive benefit.

Isn't that March 17th?

Googler

Hi @vijay_v, you should be able to see the "redeem button" on your Local Guides home page: maps.google.com/localguides/home.

Let me know if you can find it 🙂

Googler

Yes, it's March 17. It was a typo, will edit now to avoid further confusion.

Thanks