TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Google Drive Storage Promotion Ending

I am very excited to see what the future holds. Actually quite anxious as Google never ceases to amaze. 

"We look forward to offering our most active and consistently-contributing Local Guides more features and perks throughout the year."

Anonymous
Not applicable

As it is with photos that I have to Google Maps and Google Drive? When you delete photos from Google Drive  remain in Google Maps?

Level 7

Much as I love free stuff I think this is an improvement.

The prime reward for being a Local  Guide should be the joy of providing *quality* / useful / interesting information for people living in your community, people visiting your community.

Unfortunately some Local Guides provided low quality information to quickly accumulate points perhaps to get free drive space. For example somebody added the same one word "Nice" to hundreds of reviews.

Level 10

@ZdenekH wrote:

As it is with photos that I have to Google Maps and Google Drive? When you delete photos from Google Drive  remain in Google Maps?

This is a nice question: as for my experience, when you remove from Google Photos (also in Drive) a photo that is uploaded to maps, the image is no longer loaded in Maps.

So, LGs that have used their drive space for maps photos, will have to continue use the drive space, if they want their contribute to show up in maps.

This is an old discussion, and i hope that something will change in the future.

Level 5

This is seriously uncool Google, seriously uncool!

The only material, non-fluffy perk in the entire range of benefits is now being yanked. 

Not happy. And I don't buy the excuse that is done because of review spam. Surely Google should have more elegant ways to tackle this issue than nerfing everybody. 

Pity.

Level 5

if this is indeed the case, google needs to re look at the storage issues.

I am a Pixel owner, so any pictures I take with my Pixel are stored and kept for free anyway. But not Pixel owns might be hurt by this.

Level 10

@ScottW wrote:

if this is indeed the case, google needs to re look at the storage issues.

I am a Pixel owner, so any pictures I take with my Pixel are stored and kept for free anyway. But not Pixel owns might be hurt by this.

If I could buy a Pixel, i'd love it! 🙂

Level 7

Finally ..... Thanks to Google Local Guides Community and those hard working peoples who have made this decision. I highly appreciate this initiative. I am sure that this process will definitely reduce spamming in Google Maps. All the spammers who were only working for the Promotional Drive Storage will now no longer work. Because they have nothing to gain.

Thanks @TraciC for this awesome initiative.

Level 8

Hello, 

If you upload photos to Google maps from your mobile, it will be deleted from Google maps when you delete from Google photos. 

But if you upload that photos from computer, It won't be deleted from maps. Because it creates sub album in http://get.google.com/albumarchive/ it was like this. I haven't test it lately 🙂 you can test and let us know 

I don't know why it happens like this. Maybe google did this intentionally! Normally we are contributing to maps, trying to make it better. google uses our drive space for this! If this is bug, why can't Google solve this?? 

Level 8

100 Gb DRIVE

Tengo el nivel 4 alcanzado, como debo hacer para conseguir los 100 Gb de DRIVE??? Gracias.-

Saludos

Diego Patrito.-