Gallego's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Google Drive Storage - Local Guide Level 8

Hi, I'm Level 8 Local Guide and my Google Drive Storage had fallen down to 15GB. Is that correct? Currently I have 32Gb due to the amount of photos that I share on Google Maps. This is a big issue for me. 

Best Regards! 

Madrid, España
26 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Google Drive Storage - Local Guide Level 8

Hi @BeckyMotivates

@Gallego

@Gazaly

Yes it is. The 1Tb storage promotion was for two years, and the 100GB b for one year. 

Mine expired one month ago. 

You should change the settings in Google photo from full resolution to high quality. 

The high quality mode gives you free unlimited storage, and the photos that are bigger than 16MB  are reduced to 16MB.

I did it in this way and I saved a lot of space, of course if you have photos stored in drive, you have to move to Photos 

Ermes 

View solution in original post

Level 10

Yes... mine also become 19 GB from 1TB. 😞 😞

Level 8

Same here. Is this a permanent change, @TraciC?

Level 10

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hi @BeckyMotivates

@Gallego

@Gazaly

Yes it is. The 1Tb storage promotion was for two years, and the 100GB b for one year. 

Mine expired one month ago. 

You should change the settings in Google photo from full resolution to high quality. 

The high quality mode gives you free unlimited storage, and the photos that are bigger than 16MB  are reduced to 16MB.

I did it in this way and I saved a lot of space, of course if you have photos stored in drive, you have to move to Photos 

Ermes 

Level 8

Becky the Perk is likely gone for good. There was an announcement in March: https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Google-Drive-Storage-Promotion-Ending/m-p/1...

Level 8

Thanks a lot @ErmesT@Gazaly@BeckyMotivates@StephenAbraham, and @Andrew_Sawyer

In my opinion this free storage was the most important advantage of the Local Guides program. Thanks of this capacity I store everything in Drive and then I upload directly to Google Maps. Not having this reward is a little bit... discourage. 

Connect Moderator

I do the same @Gallego

And I'm also storing in Google photo most of my pictures. 

Right now 61% of my space is available, and I'm going to free more, as at the beginning I was storing photos in drive.Screenshot_20171113-140211.png

Ermes 

Level 10

the promotion ended, yes. but it would be very kind to renew that for quality local guides on higher levels, like 8? well, getting to level 9 is really hard work.  i'd still be a local guide as it's my belief but a little reward doesnt hurt...

Level 10

Huge loss of storage space! Thanks for posting.