Amiran's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Good Old Days, What we missed by closure of Map Maker

I just saw this old video from Google Maps team in it they describe advantages of Google Map Maker. A professional mapping tool with many abilities. I thought it would be good to share it with all old users who have diaries with Map Maker.

But now we missed it and hope at least Google bring back some of it's features as they promised when they decided to close Map Maker.

For us with years of contributing, plus Photography and reviewing, Mapping part of the Google Maps was so amazing and now...

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides
12 comments
Level 10

Re: Good Old Days, What we missed by closure of Map Maker

Thank you for sharing @Amiran. Google has promised to add new editing features on an ongoing basis am sure they will do and are still doing. We look forward for the best.

Level 10

Thank you @HelloSamsonR,

Hope at least we see one small change to the professional mapping tool as soon as possible because it brings even more hope for us.

Level 10

Dot.: Good Old Days, What we missed by closure of Map Maker

Hi @Amiran

Thank you for that movie.

I've just realized how I miss Map Maker 😞 There is still so many to do with keeping Google Maps up-to- date...

Regards,

Jacek

Google Diamond Product Expert - Maps, Business Profile, Earth, Gmail, Accounts | Street View Trusted Photographer | Local Guide | retired: Map Maker Help Forum Top Contributor & Poland RER/RL
Level 10

I remember the time spent in designing roundabouts using some templates that I received from a friend 🙂

Connect Moderator

Thx for sharing that video @Amiran! As a more recent contributor I had actually never seen this. If all those features were in it, I can indeed understand why it is so badly missed by the high level LGs that make loads of honest and well meant contributions. But as so often in life: the fun for the good guys is spoiled by bad behaviour of some not so good guys.

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 10

Dot.: Good Old Days, What we missed by closure of Map Maker

Yes dear @JacekNK, I have exactly same feeling when I saw it... I remember what amazing and expertise efforts we (specially you) had in MM forum... We missed all and just can be hopeful for future...

Level 10

Yes dear @LucioV, that was really a good hobby and volunteer work at same time 🙂

Level 10

I agree dear @JanVanHaver, But I think Google can find a better solution instead of stopping all amazing features of Mapping.

Level 10

Dear @NABILazeez @Flash @TraciC, We all know that you also spent years of contributing on Map Maker. This video can be nice for you, too. Also this is good to share your story with us and your thinking about future of Mapping on Google Maps 🙂