Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Good Morning 🔆

A Hello wave from Wall E to come out of the Monday Blues 🙂

Any movie fans here?? 🙂

Wall E posing a HiWall E posing a Hi

Captured with Nikon D3100 using 50mm prime lens + Phone flash (Lighting) + Decorative lights (Background)

Click| Travel| Repeat
Follow on Instagram | https://www.instagram.com/venky_lightbug/
16 comments
Google Vendor

Re: Good Morning 🔆

Hi @Venky_lightbug,

Thank you for sharing your photo with us. I really like monochrome photos. What editor did you use? Can you tell as a bit more about this picture and the story behind it?

You can take a look at 14 helpful tips for using Connect, where you will find great tips and various ways to engage with the community.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Former Google Contributor

Hi and good morning @Venky_lightbug,

This is a nice capture! 🙂 I really like the close-up and the black and white effect. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 7

@InaS

Hi... Thanks a lot. Am glad you liked the Monochrome look.

I love collecting action figures and toys from movies/series. Wall E is one of my favorite character and it always gives a positive feeling.

I am exploring photography and like to capture a frame that's in my mind with the least expensive equipment possible. So for external lighting I placed the phone's flash at the bottom to focus and for creating a depth to the background, I bought a 5$ worth decorative lighting and spread it along the wall. 🙂

And for editing, I generally transfer the pictures to Phone and do the primary editing in Snapseed and then cross check on the desktop in Lightroom for final touch up.

Click| Travel| Repeat
Level 7

@DanniS

Thank you so much 🙂 And a very good morning.

Click| Travel| Repeat
Google Vendor

Hi @Venky_lightbug,

You're welcome. Thank you for your reply. I like to experiment with pictures as well. Do you have more photos of Wall E or monochrome? Do you mind sharing them with us?

I use Snapseed too when editing my photos.

Level 7

@InaSMy pleasure.

Yes I do. Here are few of them.

Wall E SillhouteWall E Sillhoute

A Skulpture in BhutanA Skulpture in Bhutan

Beautiful River bankBeautiful River bank

The Dry WinterThe Dry Winter

Click| Travel| Repeat
Google Vendor

Thank you for the photos you added @Venky_lightbug :). What is the name of the river? Is it close to where you live?

I am sharing with you some photos captured by me using monochrome.

Caption: View of a clock tower in Old Town of Bratislava, Slovakia (Local Guide @InaS)Caption: View of a clock tower in Old Town of Bratislava, Slovakia (Local Guide @InaS)Caption: View of Danube river from the top of the hill near the Castle of Bratislava, Slovakia (Local Guide @InaS)Caption: View of Danube river from the top of the hill near the Castle of Bratislava, Slovakia (Local Guide @InaS)

Level 7

Its Paro Chu River located in Bhutan. I visited the country during last year.  Its an amazing place.

And the photos you shared are looking good in monochrome. B&W pictures have totally different story to tell every time. 🙂

Click| Travel| Repeat
Google Vendor

Thank you for your reply @Venky_lightbug. What did you like the most in Bhutan?

Yes, I agree, they leave space for people to explore the photo with their imagination.

Just as a reminder, don't forget when responding to others make sure to tag them (by writing @ before their names) in a post so they can receive notifications that you are communicating with them.