FaridTDF's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Going out to eat in San Francisco

Jajaj si es muy diferente masticar la pata gelatinosa que tomar una sopa de pata de pollo 🐓, eso es común y muy nutritiva, siempre y cuando no vea la pata de pollo en el plato jajaja mi abuela la hacía de pequeño jajaja @BeatrizAguilar

Por defecto soy muy optimista y creo que la manera de que las cosas se concreten es deseándolo y caminando el camino. 😀

saludos Farid.

Connect Moderator

@Jesi @BeatrizAguilar@FaridTDF was a good sport in trying five spiced braised chicken feet for the first time. He was the only one at the table who could not finish it though. Fun to watch. There is video of the magical moment. LOLCaption: Can you see where the Chinese Chicken feet is? Photo: @karenvchinCaption: Can you see where the Chinese Chicken feet is? Photo: @karenvchin

As for Argentinian food, first time I had it with Farid and @ErmesT. It was delicious (you have to enjoy eating beef). I learned that I have the complete opposite taste in meat. I like my beef "rare" while Farid likes his "well done (death on arrival)." Ermes, of course, was in the middle as he is always the peacekeeper / diplomat. He is "medium rare."

I say next time we try American Prime Rib or Vietnamese Dungeness Crab (because San Francisco has that many different cuisines to sample).

Cheers,

Karen

Level 9

@KarenVChin the whole dishes look appetizing, I think that I would have tried the chicken feet because their red brilliant color and surely their smell would have invited me to eat them

Beatriz Aguilar | bandera-de-venezuela-imagen-animada-0001| Instagram
Connect Moderator

I know you love 5 spice - so you would have enjoyed eating the Chinese Chicken Feet @BeatrizAguilar.  Dim Sum places are judged by this dish.

If you enjoy eating flavorful chicken skin, you will enjoy eating this. The idea is to put the whole claw in your mouth and chew away, then spit the bones out.  Note: the feet are declawed. 

Cheers,

Karen

Level 9

It's a primitive way to eat the food and I love it because I like to do things that the Queen from England wouldn't do it 😝

Connect Moderator

Jajaj @KarenVChin@ErmesT, tiene que publicar el vídeo, se que fui muy graciosa mi cara 🤢 al intentar comer esas famosas patas de pollo 🐓, en fin para gustos y colores no hay nada escrito, jajaja 

saludos Farid.

Level 9

@FaridTDF ya que tenemos su permiso, ojalá compartan el vídeo de su reacción ante ese plato exótico. 

Ya quiero verlo

Connect Moderator

@BeatrizAguilar, you would be surprised by the Queen of England. After all, Hong Kong was a British Colony for 156 years. @YK1001 might be able to shed some light if the Queen ever had dim sum in Hong Kong and if chicken feet was involved. LOL

Cheers,

Karen

Level 9

😝 God save the Queen!

Spoiler
 Always one to try something new, she ate bustard, ostrich eggs and turtle after becoming Empress of India in 1877. She loved curry (although, contrary to popular myth, she never ate it for breakfast, preferring eggs and bacon). 

Queen VictoriaQueen Victoria

Queen-Victoria-royal-diet-food-gluttony-monarch

Connect Moderator

Hahaha, ok, give me a few days, @FaridTDF@BeatrizAguilar@KarenVChin

The video is burried in my hard disk, I will bring it to life.

Peacekeeper? @KarenVChin

In Italy we usually don't have a so sophisticate choice (rare / medium rare / medium / well done). We pass from "al sangue" (bloody) to "ben cotta" (well done).

Everything in the middle is a matter of luck