AdrianLunsong's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Go Loco Podcast - Episode 3 Crazy Rich (in view counts) Asians

Caption: Banner promoting Episode 3 of the Go Loco PodcastCaption: Banner promoting Episode 3 of the Go Loco Podcast

Happy Chinese New Year!!! GONG XI FA CAI!!! To all our Chinese Local Guides, may you have a grand time with your family and friends! I know that you will be busy having fun and enjoying the festivities! In between stuffing your face with food, why not find some time to listen to our latest podcast!!

And to all other Local Guides, the wait is finally over!! Woohoo!! @Pedi has done a stonking great job editing the episode whilst preparing/celebrating Chinese New Year (she’s really committed!). We have an exciting episode with Pedi and @JulienH as we talk about Singapore city, food, laws to adhere to, food, their Connect Live experience, amazing tips for doing your video application, food, food and much more!

And food.

So, did we get to 30 minutes for this podcast? Nope! Instead you will have 55 minutes of glorious fun! Honestly, it’s really hard for me to keep the length down! I just have so much to ask and talk about!! Maybe the other hosts will succeed in keeping to the target! Anyway, we sincerely hope you enjoy this fun episode! If you have any feedback, feel free to let us know in the comments below; the Go Loco team are all ears and eager to improve the listening experience!

And if you're done listening to Episode 3, why not have a go at our past episodes:

E2 An Interview with Vandana

E1 Going loco for Go Loco

Do you have any further questions for Pedi and Julien? Did our podcast make you want to visit Singapore even more?! Or perhaps try the amazing food?! Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!

#EuroMeetup2024 - Join us in Manchester, UK from June 6th to 9th 2024
      Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
      How to Write Reviews - Easy to remember tips on writing structured reviews
Manchester, UK
15 comments
Level 10

Re: Go Loco Podcast - E3 Crazy Rich (in view counts) Asians

Thanks @AdrianLunsong @JulienH and @Pedi . I enjoyed listening to the Podcast. I visited Singapore in 2015 and intend to go again. My wife and enjoyed the city, people, and the food.

Thanks for tips on making good videos.

I'm a New Zealander (Kiwi) and currently live in Tauranga. I've previously lived in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Czech Republic, and England, for a 15 year period. I've travelled to 6 continents and been to 57 countries.
Level 10

Thank you @AdrianLunsong for making this podcast. Got enlightened so much about the amazing land of Singapore and its lifestyle from @Pedi and @JulienH especially the food.

Cheers for including my question and also got to hear the great voice of Steve from Miami! 😄 

Keep up the good work. Hoping you do one for India too! Would be happy to help in anyway.

Kudos!

Level 10

@ArchitOjha  @TheEagleEye  We're glad you guys enjoyed it. Makes the effort very worth it. 

Thank you everyone for your support.

Follow Instagram & Twitter @jhender. SG updates at #singaporelocalguides. YouTube Fun with Maps
Level 10

@AdrianLunsong , what a great job!

Just a suggestion that if the podcast is too long, you may consider break it into two episodes.  Because I really cannot stop myself keep listening to it, and non-stop for 55 minutes is not easy.

@JulienH , just remember that we took taxi together to SFO!

Deep visit of Hong Kong series: Visit Hong Kong 101 | Cha Chaan Teng 茶餐廳 | Cart noodle 車仔麪

Fine me on Instagram: brett.to.go
Level 10

Hey @Brett ,

Yes that was an awesome ride. 

Sorry about the length of the podcast, we were actually aiming for a shorter length but overran. Too excited haha. Thank you for the feedback for improvement, it's early days yet for the podcast and @AdrianLunsong  hard at work

Follow Instagram & Twitter @jhender. SG updates at #singaporelocalguides. YouTube Fun with Maps
Connect Moderator

Glad you enjoyed the podcast @TheEagleEye  I've been super busy since the release and only just catching up on the comments now! If you're visiting Singapore can I just be super cheeky and suggest a stop in Malaysia as well. I'm obviously biased towards Malaysia! In fact, you should start off in Singapore and travel your way north to Malaysia and Thailand! 🙂 

Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
Connect Moderator

No probs @ArchitOjha Just to add to the podcast, you shouldn't have any problems finding vegetarian dishes in Singapore. Those that I've had are mainly Chinese style. In Malaysia, there was a Buddhist temple that I visited that had a restaurant serving mock meats (beancurd based food but made to look like meat). Needless to say it was an experience! When your trip to Singapore to confirm, do let us know as there are many who can help you out! 

Level 10

@AdrianLunsong For sure, bro!

The mock meat you told about appears similar to the concept of the Impossible Burger which does not contain meat but tastes like one back in USA 😄

I have a confirmed trip coming up in July of Malaysia and Indonesia. I hope you make podcasts on these countries too by then 😉 I will be tuned in!

Connect Moderator

@Brett Thanks for the suggestion! In a general discussion we had, we certainly considered splitting the episode but it felt like more work! So the target was to actually cut down on material! I hold my hand up to say that I honestly don't mind the long episodes. I listen to a few tech podcasts and some can be 90 minutes long but they usually cover what's been going on in the past week so they have multiple topics! 

With these interview style discussions, I do like to add depth to the discussion so folks can get to know the guests before we ask them about Local Guides and Connect Live. In some ways, I just want to highlight to listeners that these amazing Local Guides are actually no different to you and I. And that application to Connect Live is not just for the super-duper active elite few; that as long as you put some work in and be active in the community, anybody stands a good chance of getting selected. And it's nice to hear what life is like in a different country so I always like to learn something about the guest's country/culture. However, to do all that and not feel like I'm rushing through a list of questions, the length is quite long!

That said, we have upcoming episodes with different topics and hosts! So I am expecting a completely different style! It's really weird to not be hosting the next few episodes and I'm actually itching to record something! Lol!