cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Glitch in a map. Black screen when in street view

I found a glitch in a map.  

Address bar:

https://www.google.com/maps/@0,0,0a,75y,146.5h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo0.ggpht.com%2Fcb...

Share link:

https://www.google.com/maps/@0,0,0a,75y,146.5h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo0.ggpht.com%2Fcb...

It's just showing a black screen from Street view.  Perhaps I'm somehow in the mesh?  I have recreated this several times: On desktop, I got there from looking at the map item, then clicking on the street view character in the bottom left of the map. 

I hope this helps!  - M

Unleashed, Military Cutoff Road, Wilmington, NC, United States
3 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Glitch in a map. Black screen when in street view

Hi @MichaelGwiz

Thanks for sharing. We will pass this on. 

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Level 7

Thanks @MariaBi

Hey, I think I found the solution and fixed it.  Well, sorta.  

The business marker had been placed on the back side of the retail center, on the service road side.  I think this was causing the street view, because of distance or orientation, to pull the viewpoint inside the mesh.  I'm just guessing.  I think this because I corrected the business marker, moved it to the retail side adjacent to the real street, and now - the glitch is no longer occurring.  

Side note, the 360 photo attached to the listing was pulled from street view but of the service alley.  I've reported it, but it's not down yet.  

Alternative - you guys are just creepy fast and fixed it!  Alternative 2 - the glitch went away on it's own.  

Have a great Friday! 

Level 7

Also, 

I did save a screenshot of it occurring in case anyone needs to see what it looks like.