RashmiM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Giving solution

Hi All,

I feel that when someone has a problem and looks for a solution and in returns gets a lot of links to scroll through it does not help all the time.

To make it more simple just put the snippets that makes life more easy. If someone wants to deep drive into the nitty gritty they can go through the links. Also I guess not everyone is familiar with all the features available, at least I am not.

Please give your opinions on how to make the resolution more user friendly. As to go through lengthy literature all the time might not be a good way.

Looking for the advice from the experts:)

9 comments
Level 9

Re: Giving solution

Hello @RashmiM,

As far as I understand you mean that if someone has problem and without starting a new thread he/she want to go through already available post on connect and searching option on connect is no more friendly. 

Keep me posted. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 9

@deepakjhic

Obviously not that will increase the clutter. For simple solutions instead for sharing the link probably how you do it. I encounter a question on how to change the username and if you share the snip of the page that make life more easy rather than going though the text back and forth. 

Connect Moderator

Thank you for your question, @RashmiM

I clearly see what you mean, and sometimes we do what you are asking for. BTW, as several questions have been asked a lot of time, I would like to suggest what we normally write in our welcome post: "search before posting"

Using the search engines of the post, you will see that most of the question has been already answered.

In addition, for the most frequently asked questions, the Help Desk will give you most of the answer.

In any case I think that, for simple question, you are right.

Ermes

Level 9

@ErmesT

I encountered one such instance and that's why I raised it 🙂 

Connect Moderator

Of course @RashmiM

I am sure you did. Let say this: many members, like @deepakjhic or myself, spend several hours per day in Connect, helping others and trying to respond to every question. As most of the question are always the same, we, or also Googlers, we wrote some help post, in which we give a detailed reply, with clear explanation about the subject

Linking the already given reply, is a way to "educate" or, let say, to give to the other members the idea that, really, most of the questions have already received an answer.

It can be annoying, I know, but in the middle time it helps the new members to move in the community in an easier way

Level 9

Thank you Sir @ErmesT for your detailed explanation 🙂

Level 10

@Haseeb@RashmiM@ErmesT we can use AI base chatbot who can answer question which already got answered .

| Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless

Connect Moderator

Thank you @Haseeb, it is my own pleasure to try to explain why I chose to reply in some way, and many active Local Guides (not only Moderators) are acting in this way.

@AmbrishVarshney, I personally prefer to have the "human touch", that for sure is making the difference

Connect Moderator

@ErmesT With your permission 🙂

@RashmiM @Haseeb 

I am hoing to make a GIF of every question asked, even if its been answered already. If I know how to do it, I will GIF it so that every other member can have a quick GIF tutorial and get it sorted in intuitive way. 

When it comes to "looking for answers", yep , one needs to put it in search box and there's a valid reason to that 'volume of posts'. 

Could we request a new board under help desk? Let's call it Tutorials , so that local guides can post writeups, GIFs or even video tutorials for problems which would help us a lot in future.