SaifIS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Getting notification for my account in another email!

Hi, I'm facing a strange problem from last few months. I thought this is a temporary issue and will be solved without doing anything from my end. But still this is happening. I have two google accounts that I use regularly and two of them are logged in both in my laptop and android mobile. 

Let's say they are account A and account B. And I'm a level 5 local guide on account A. And the problem is when I receive a notification for anything from Local Guide for my account A, it comes to account B. And pretty much confusing which account it is for. Notifications includes, published edits, photo views update, and other email from Local Guide. 

What's the problem and how can I resolve this issue? Looking forward to your solution guys. 

Thanks!
Saiful

Connect with me: My blog, YouTubeFacebookInstagram

Dhaka, Dhaka Division, Bangladesh
9 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Getting notification for my account in another email!

That is really weird @SaifIS. I don't believe the only way to associate a Gmail to be used for Local Guides is to sign in, so it's not possible to receive email on another inbox.

You don't have forwarding set up on your email, do you?

Level 9

Yes, it's weird @iyudhi.  And that's why I think it's an technical error. And i don't know who can help me with this. 😞  No forwarding is set up. 

Connect Moderator

@JeslynL any chance you can help take a look at this? I don't think there's much we can do on our end..

Level 9

This would be great if Jeslyn can help. Looking forward to it. Thanks @iyudhi

Level 7

Notifications are not designed to only follow home to the account that you use to upload photos.

My complete guess is that when you set up your email notifications option you inadvertently entered the 'wrong' account.

Have you checked your email notification settings?

Edit: Disregard the above. I was posting nonsense.

Connect Moderator

If that's the case, the email notifications should still be sent to the email address respective to the Google account @PeterGO. I just checked my Local Guides setting and there's no way to change the email address to be used. Or am I misunderstanding something?

Level 7

@IvanY wrote:

If that's the case, the email notifications should still be sent to the email address respective to the Google account @PeterGO. I just checked my Local Guides setting and there's no way to change the email address to be used. Or am I misunderstanding something?

You are not misunderstanding -  my post is completely wrong - I edited in a correction but too late. Apologies for my bad.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @SaifIS, can you check if you configured your mailbox settings such that your emails from one account (in this case, Account A) will get automatically forwarded to your other account(s)

One quick way to check is to look at the details of the Local Guides emails you received on Account B. Were they sent to Account B's email address, or did it state Account A's email address?

[UNSET] (1).png

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 9

@JeslynL Yes, I checked it multiple time. But it's not configured that way. I'm attaching a screenshot of it. 

And I don't use Local Guide on account B. But to test it I just made an edit and the notification it also coming to same account B! 

Thank you!

download.png