ProfArunCM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Getting bored

Now feeling bored using Google Local Guide.

How to keep myself engaged?

Any suggestions, are MOST Welcome.

@OSAMA

@LucioV

12 comments
Level 8

Re: Getting bored

In my opinion this happens to the top contributors only like you sir @ProfArunCM

-Already achieved level 10 than you can do translation work sir as done by @BishowvijayaP for points ( badly needed translation corrections know a days on maps).

- can welcome newbies  and giving solutions like other Lg's @NareshDarji, @deepakjhic @LucioV

For me so much to do know a days for Google maps and forum 

Level 10

@ProfArunCM wrote:

@OSAMA

@LucioV

Hi Prof!

Just two quick suggestions:

- become a mentor: teach other people how to be a better Local Guide or, help people join the program; create workshops for thi

- learn how to create better 360 and VT, and share it!

Lucio

Level 10

@mhjn for suggestions

@mhjn wrote:

In my opinion this happens to the top contributors only like you sir @ProfArunCM

-Already achieved level 10 than you can do translation work sir as done by @BishowvijayaP for points ( badly needed translation corrections know a days on maps).

- can welcome newbies  and giving solutions like other Lg's @NareshDarji, @deepakjhic @LucioV

For me so much to do know a days for Google maps and forum 

Level 10

Thanks, will try to do what you have suggested, thanks and best regards to you ALL LGs.

@LucioV

@mhjn

@LucioV wrote:

@ProfArunCM wrote:

@OSAMA

@LucioV

Hi Prof!

Just two quick suggestions:

- become a mentor: teach other people how to be a better Local Guide or, help people join the program; create workshops for thi

- learn how to create better 360 and VT, and share it!

Lucio

Connect Moderator

That's a tricky one @ProfArunCM when you've done as much as you and achieved Level 10 there isn't anywhere else to go. Maybe take a brief brake from Maps itself for a few weeks and instead work within LGC answering questions and helping other people to reach the height you have then. You could mentor people in how you work. After a few weeks go back to editing in Maps and contributing there as you'll have a new outlook then.

Regards

Paul

@ProfArunCM wrote:

Connect Moderator

Hi @ProfArunCM

You have got a lot of wonderful suggestions from 

@PaulPavlinovich

@LucioV

@mhjn

We can't wait to have you here sharing your experience with us. 

In addition, explore the oldest post in Connect, you will find a great collection of wonderful ideas, places, photos. Contribute with yours, we will be happy to reply 

Level 9

@ProfArunCM 😊😊😊

I appreciate your mention me and Lucio to help 😊 and of course we are here to help each other ,

Today you feel bored tommorow maybe another Great Member feel the same , when new members read this maybe this will  discourage them I suggest to make special board for members with certain Levels and above  that we can  discuss special issues together and with Moderators , 

Let's talk about Boring in general 

In my opinion Boring is Good 

It's a silent call to change and innovation

First ask your self is this important to you and your community !? If not just leave it 

If yes and am sure of that , think of new way make it more engaged and motivated ,

And this get harder and harder when you reach new milestones and reach high Top levels 😊

I will send you pm  , important question like this fir Special member like you Prof

not answered with one Comment 😉

Respect to all opinions 😊

@ErmesT @PaulPavlinovich @TraciC @LucioV @HelloSamsonR @LuisRG 😊

Connect Moderator

@ProfArunCM Great job on reaching level 10! Personally, it will take me quite some time to reach that level. There's nothing wrong with taking a break from contributing for a bit. Maybe focus on some of your other activities that interest you. Perhaps there will be some ideas coming out that you can be applied with Local Guides activities.

Personally for me, I just incorporate Local Guides activities to my daily life, so I never get bored. It just something that I do naturally. When I eat at a restaurant, I take photos while waiting for food. If I pass a place with 'Grand Opening' sign on it, there's a good chance the info is not complete, so I submit the edit on the location. After I'm full and waited for my check, I write a review on Maps. Things like that.

Level 10

You can be bored sometimes @ProfArunCM but you can not retire. Though you can manage to go away for some time but eventually the love, happiness and mutuality you feel here will drag you back to connect. That's the awesome part of community.

Thanks for mentioning me here @mhjn bro.