DawidK's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Getting Google Drive free space again

Hi! Can I get Google Drive 1 TB free space again after I get the first time and bonus free space expired?

7 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Getting Google Drive free space again

@DawidK Hi.. 

There are no any System to get back free drive offer once we used... 

But we have many other acces which we have unlimited...  see other additional benefits https://support.google.com/local-guides/answer/6281793?hl=en&ref_topic=6281797

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator
Solution

@DawidK Hi.. 

There are no any System to get back free drive offer once we used... 

But we have many other acces which we have unlimited...  see other additional benefits https://support.google.com/local-guides/answer/6281793?hl=en&ref_topic=6281797

Level 9
Level 9

@KowaziS_PL wrote:

Can I get Google Drive 1 TB free space again after I get the first time

Some bad news, you're not going to get 1TB at all, let alone again.

As a Level 2 you obviously haven't yet been offered your free storage, so a quick heads up before your reach L4 to manage your expectations: The free storage changed from 1TB to 100GB last July

Level 4

Hi Google,

When I started on this program, this was the only benefit I cared about: extra space. Now that I've reached it, I find out it was only a temporary offer. This seems like you are changing the rules for those of us that started way back. Kind of unfair, no?

So, a couple of questions:

- Is there a way, for those that started when those old benefits applied to still respect them?

- If not, is there a way to delete all my content quickly? Or delete my account altogether?

Thanks

Level 10

@amoribieta wrote:

Hi Google,

When I started on this program, this was the only benefit I cared about: extra space. Now that I've reached it, I find out it was only a temporary offer. This seems like you are changing the rules for those of us that started way back. Kind of unfair, no?

So, a couple of questions:

- Is there a way, for those that started when those old benefits applied to still respect them?

- If not, is there a way to delete all my content quickly? Or delete my account altogether?

Thanks

Yes you can. @amoribieta 

First go to https://takeout.google.com/settings/takeout to download what you want to save.

Then go to https://myaccount.google.com/preferences#deleteservices to delete your account (or you can just delete information on Drive).

I have the 1Tb "gift" for more than a year and I understood from the very start it is only for 2 years.

Level 4

Hi GodwinC,

Thanks, but I am not looking to delete my Google account, only the reviews and pictures I have uploaded as part of this "promotion" for Local. Is there a quick way to do this?

Thanks

Level 10

@amoribieta wrote:

Hi GodwinC,

Thanks, but I am not looking to delete my Google account, only the reviews and pictures I have uploaded as part of this "promotion" for Local. Is there a quick way to do this?

Thanks

@amoribieta If you had followed my links, it is very obvious how to do it. Reviews are part of Google Maps, so you just delete the product. Photos belong to Google Photos, so delete that too.

Level 4

Hello @WetCoastCanuck,

You might want to follow the links you send before posting them. The only three services that show up are Google +, Gmail and Youtube in the ones to delete. No sign of Maps, which does show up in the data to save, but not in the services to delete list. 

Here's what the small print for Google + says:

Your Google Local reviews will not be deleted: They will be accessible in the "Your Contributions" section of Google Maps. You will be able to delete them there.

Mistery solved. I'll proceed with this.

Thanks