upayvibes's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Gambir Trainstation.

IMG_0164.jpgFellow Indonesian chose rail-based as their favourite transportation, it offers fast, save, and affordable prices. The picture above show the one of many trainstation in Jakarta, Indonesia.

Gambir Station (Indonesia: Stasiun Gambir, station code: GMR) is a major railway station in Gambir, Central Jakarta, Indonesia. It is located on the eastern side of Merdeka. It was built during the Dutch East Indian era and renovated in the 1990s.

Gambir Station serves as a terminus for most intercity trains operating across Java Island. Two of Jakarta's main commuter lines, the KRL Jabodetabek Blue Line (to Bekasi) and Red Line (to Bogor) pass through this station, but do not stop here. Only executive and business class trains use Gambir Station, while all economy class trains and some executive and business class trains use Pasar Senen Trainstation instead.

On 16 September 1871, the Netherlands Indies Railway Company opened its first railway service in Batavia. At its opening, the line stretched from near the old Sunda Kelapa port and south to what is now Gambir area. For Gambir, a small railway stop(halte Koningsplein) was situated on the southeast border of the Koningsplein. This stop was the southernmost stop of Batavia until 1873, when the line was extended to Meester Cornelis and Buitenzorg.

In 1884 a larger station was opened to replace the smaller halte Koningsplein. The new station was built in what is now the location of Gambir Station. The station, named Station Weltevreden, was designed in neoclasical style popular in the 19th-century. The station was significantly extended in 1971.

In 1928 this station was renovated in Art Deco style. In 1937 the name Weltevreden station was changed to Batavia Koningsplein Station and after Indonesian independence the name was changed to Jakarta Gambir Station. In 1992, the station was renovated into the current joglo architectural style with a lime-green ceramic facade.

Source : Wikipedia

Picture : Mohamad Fhatir, Canon M10 + Lens Kit. SS 15" F16 ISO100

Gambir Train Station, Jalan Medan Merdeka Timur, Gambir, Central Jakarta City, Jakarta, Indonesia
11 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Gambir Trainstation at night.

Hi @upayvibes and welcome to Connect!

That's a really good picture. I do have hard times taking images when it's dark, so I'll be more than grateful if you can share a few tips how you shot this particular photo. 🙂

Looking forward to your reply.

P.S.: By the way, if you are interested in learning different ways how you can create even more engaging photo posts, feel free to check this article.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Google Moderator

Hey @upayvibes,

Great shot! What camera did you use to capture this photo? I can tell for sure that it is taken at slow shutter speed. 

I would like to share an article on Photo Tips - Mobile Camera - Night Photography - TravellerG. You can find a lot of great tips by one of our Local Guides. Feel free to check it out if you are interested.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 3

thanks for your kind words, much appreciated! i take it with slow shutter speed to gain more brightness with less noise, also it will make awesome light trails effect on moving object. But you need decent tripod to keep your camera stable.

btw i have check your link and it's awesome, thanks for your advice!. 

Level 3

thankyou!, i take it with canon M10 + lens kit and also decent tripod. yeah you right, i use slow shutter and simple touch editing.

Thanks for your advice of photo tips, i'll check and learn it later!

Level 9

Re: Gambir Trainstation.

Keren euy foto nya

Level 8

@upayvibes Hola!, Muy buena larga exposición, ¡me encanto!  

Level 3

Level 3

makasih om, baru belajar 😂

Level 8

Kereta Api Stasiun Gambir

Sampai stasiun kereta pukul setengah dua, tanya loket dan penjaga, kereta tiba pukul berapa? biasanya kereta terlambat 2 jam sudah biasa. 

penggalan lirik lagu Bang Iwan Fals, selalu terlantumkan ketika ada di stasiun, tetapi itu jaman dulu, ketika carut marut infrastruktur transportasi kereta masih ruwet. Sekarang penggalan lirik lagunya Bang Iwan sudah tidak laku lagi, karena kereta di sini sudah bagus, baik sistem hardware , sofware dan manusia nya. 

aminStasiun Gambir, menunggu mu...Stasiun Gambir, menunggu mu...

saat kamu datang...saat kamu datang...

lalu pergi seketika.lalu pergi seketika.