Diana_umbat's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Fruits season at my kampung @village, Luban Ili Spaoh, Sarawak.

Pakan just like a durian but better smells like jack fruitsPakan just like a durian but better smells like jack fruits

Me at rambutan treeMe at rambutan tree

Rambai, taste sweetsRambai, taste sweets

Kemayau @Sarawak black oliveKemayau @Sarawak black olive

PulasanPulasan

RambutanRambutan

Deep fried jack fruits seeds. Ready to eatDeep fried jack fruits seeds. Ready to eat

Cempedak, small version of jack fruits.Cempedak, small version of jack fruits.

Maram and tampoiMaram and tampoi

Tampoi insideTampoi inside

LanggirLanggir

PakanPakan

Spaoh, Sarawak, Malaysia
10 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Fruits season at my kampung @village, Luban Ili Spaoh, Sarawak.

Hello @Diana_umbat,

Thank you for sharing all these fruits with us, they look so exotic to me. Never seen any of them in real, wonder how they taste! 

Please, have in mind that, there is also a photo limit here on Connect (currently 1,000 photos). If you reach this limit, you'll have to delete older images before uploading new images. You can go and check these Tips for Uploading Images to Connect to Stay Within Limit.

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 8

@BorrisS you must come to my village if you want to taste that all. But it only available once a year.

Thank you for the tips. I will delete the old photo when it reach 1,000 photos. Thanks again.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Diana_umbat 

Wow, have many fruit seasons in your country. Thank you for sharing these photos with us. 

What is your favorite fruit? Do you go there often? My favorite fruit is mango. I love to eat it with spicy chili

Have you ever tried it before? I can share some photos with you from my garden 

Caption: A photo of from my garden in Thailand (Local Guide @Aruni)Caption: A photo of from my garden in Thailand (Local Guide @Aruni)

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 9

Thank you for sharing different types of fruits from your county @Diana_umbat 

Connect Moderator

Really nice pictures. @Diana_umbat 

I would love to taste such exotic fruits... 

What I really didn't know is, that Malaysia is splitted by the sea. I wasn't aware of this, but I was quite sure that it was only the part around Singapore.... Never ending learning... 

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Level 10

Hallo @Diana_umbat 
Saya tertarik dengan buah Pakan, mengingatkan saya ketika berada di Kalimantan Barat. Di sana, setelah selesai musim durian, buah semacam ini mulai muncul di pasaran. Saudara kami di sana menyebutnya sebagai buah Pekawai kalau tidak salah. Ada juga yang menyebut durian hutan, bentuknya bulat, lebih kecil dari buah durian, warna buahnya orange. Rasanya enak, tidak memabukkan seperti durian kalau makannya kebanyakan. 

Level 8

@Aruni this raw manggo and raw banana is one of my favorite fruit. I like to eat them with chili's, put some lime and also enchovies. Love it so much! Sour!

I love fruits. I can eat different types of fruits everyday. One of my most favorite is Durian. I seldom go back to my hometown as i need to purchase the air ticket and sometimes it is very expensive. Pity us who are from east of Malaysia

Level 8

@TorM Thank you for your feedback.

Borneo Island is situated southeast of the Malaysia Peninsula which is separated by the sea.

The island is politically divided among three countries: Malaysia and Brunei in the north, and Indonesia to the south.

Sabah and Sarawak state are in Borneo Island which located in the north, east Malaysia. I am from Sarawak. Sarawak was governed by the British explorer, The Brooke family between 1841 and 1946, during World War II.

If you got a chance to visit my country, extend your travel to our Borneo, to Sabah or to Sarawak. You will love it.

Level 8

@br14n Terima kasih diatas komentarnya.

Iya, kalau di kepulauan Borneo dan kalimantan, buah ini bisa ditanam. Tetapi tidak bisa di tempat lain. Contohnya kalau mau ditanam di semenanjung Malaysia, sebelah barat tidak menjadi. Begitu juga dengan buah Dabai sepertinya buah black olive itu, juga tidak bisa ditanam di sebelah barat mahupun di utara Borneo di Sabah. Hanya di Sarawak. Agak istimewa mungkin tanah diSarawak & Kalimantan Barat. Buah pakan sangat istimewa, memang tidak akan memabukkan apabila dimakan dan tidak busuk baunya.