Level 7

Fruit

FB_IMG_1532389797249.jpg

8 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Fruit

Hi @Nwatanwendidi1,

Welcome to Connect!

Thank you for sharing this photo with us. This is papaya right? What do you do with a papaya? In my country we make papaya salad with spicy chili. It's very popular in Thailand.  

Since you're new to the community, you might want to share a bit more about yourself and get to know others in our monthly to Introduce Yourself topic. Also, you can read these Tips: Using Local Guides Connect, What makes a good post? and  What are Connect topics?

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

Hello @Nwatanwendidi1, But what is the name of this fruit? Where does it grow?

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides
Level 8

In my country it's called papaya.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Peruano,

Yes, in my country we call it the same.

Papaya now has  some new varieties. The papaya plant is now not as tall and gives a lot more fruit, while the old papaya trees used to be taller, but they did not give as much fruit.

In your country do you make papaya salad or just eat it like a regular fruit?

Just as a reminder, don't forget when responding to others make sure to tag them (by writing @ before their names) in a post so they can receive notifications that you are communicating with them.

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

Thanks @Aruni @Peruano, In my country Iran we also calling the same because this is not a common fruit in Iran. It is a tropical fruit which is different with weather conditions in most areas of Iran (Only south parts of Iran like Chabahar has such conditions). So it is less than other fruits here and we have no local word to call it and use the general word.

But the main goal of my comment was to remind for posting a complete content on Connect which has enough description 🙂

Thank you

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides
Level 8

In Peru is a  very common fruit, we can eat it as juice or solo.A very common papaya in the blenderA very common papaya in the blender

Level 10

Level 10

In Nigeria, this is called pawpaw. It is eaten as normal fruit 🍉 , as salad 🥗 and some people juice 🥤 it. Which ever way, pawpaw is good. The leaves are also use together with other leaves 🍁 for traditional medicine.