kasiyanta's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Fried Rice versus Bread.

Fried Rice versus Bread.

Nasi Goreng . dok pribadiNasi Goreng . dok pribadiRoti Bakar. dok pribadiRoti Bakar. dok pribadiOur favorite breakfast is fried rice.
warm coffee and fried tempen are enjoyed in the morning which is still cold .... delicious ...
How about you?
What do you like?

Bcc:

@AngieYC

@BudiFXW

@PaDeSSo

@Gio51x

18 comments
Google Moderator

Re: Fried Rice versus Bread.

Hey @kasiyanta,

Thank you for sharing. 

Every country has a certain staple food they grew up eating and being a huge fan. Here in Bulgaria we prefer bread. 

How about you @YasumiKikuchi@ErmesT@Sorbe@FelipePK, @Anonymous, @Madina_Travelmania, @JavieraAu@IrrPavlova?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Former Google Contributor

Hi @kasiyanta and @Ivi_Ge,

It's really interesting post. I would say that in Brazil we are raised eating both. We use to have rice and beans almost everyday for lunch it's very common to have a bread that we call it France bread which is a small baguette in the breakfast or for a snack afternoon. 

Photo taken from https://alimentoevida.com.br/como-substituir-arroz-e-feijao/

Photo taken from http://www.radiotucunare.com.br/receita_da_roca/id-720622/pao_frances 

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Hey @Ivi_Ge

Thanks for the tag. Bread is a must in Italy, and every region has it's own. In Liguria, for example, you can find focaccia, in Tuscany the unsalted bread and in Sardina Carasau bread which is a flat one. 

Rice is instead common in the northern part of Italy especially in Lombardia and Piedimont , two Regions crossed by the longest river that we have, the Po. 

There you can find the two best variety of rice for the preparation of a traditional risotto, which are Carnaroli and Arborio. 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Thank you for introducing @Ivi_Ge
Although we usually eat food from different countries, After all, we seem to like Japanese food.

IMG_20170519_132701.jpg 

This is "Tei shoku". It means a menu with rice and miso soup set.

The dish on the left side says "Name rou". It is a dish that eats with the right soup stock on the mixture of fish paste and miso.

#Let's introduce your Japan with #DeepJapan hashtag. You will discover Japanese background stories.
#Let's try your native language conversation with Google Translate #UseNativeLanguage
#Enrich Google Maps with Cycling information #Bike
#lit.link/yasumikikuchi #Guiding Star 2022 Inclusive Mapper

Connect Moderator

Thanks for tagging, @Ivi_Ge.

Bred, as @Sorbe already said, is definitely what we use in Italy, made in hundreds of different sizes and shapes. In North East, where I live, polenta is also very common. White polenta, very rare, is specific of my area.

Rice is cultivated and used, not to replace bred, but to replace pasta. The most common dish is risotto, a recipe with hundreds of variations

Hey @ErmesT

That's something that I definitely need to try, as I usually had the classic polenta, the yellow one. 

I know that is typical from Veneto, but what is the main difference with the yellow one and how do you usually cook it with? 

My favorite one is with boar sauce or "Concia". 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Google Moderator

@YasumiKikuchiさん、共有ありがとうございます。私は日本の定食が大好きです。YasumiKikuchiさんが投稿された写真を見るとなかなか懐かしくなり、日本に行きたいな。

@ErmesT Thank you for sharing. I thought that in Italy you prefer pasta but now I know the true. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

Pasta is a main courses, like rice, @Ivi_Ge, whuwh bred, or polenta, is used to accompany all good. Yes, we definitely eat a lot of carbohydrates.

The difference between yellow an white polenta is mostly on the milling process. The white one have a very fine milling, so the polenta is like a cream @Sorbe

@Ivi_Ge, thanks for tagging me. 

As you well know, in Bulgaria we are huge fans of bread, but in Chile, both - bread and rice are on a pedestal. Personally, I prefer more rice although I definitely don't see myself eating rice for breakfast and also it's not particularly common for both of the countries that I leaved in to have a bowl of rice in the morning. Despite the fact that I prefer rice, a delicious slice of bread with avocado paste in my go to breakfast. 🙂