sonnyNg's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Friday Favorites: winter in the Philippines, a hike in Slovenia, and more

Every Friday, Googlers round up some of the best posts they came across during the week to celebrate the amazing discoveries Local Guides like you are sharing on Connect. This week, winter in the Philippines, a hike in Slovenia, and more.

@JavieraAu: Every year, when winter knocks on the door in Europe, where I live, I start thinking about warm and beautiful places around the world. Sometimes I’m lucky enough to escape the cold weather by travelling to some sunny location. This is why @Toniaroundtheglobe’s post “Winter in El Nido, Palawan (Philippines)” caught my attention this week. @Toniaroundtheglobe’s story, together with his beautiful pictures, make me want to visit this magical island. I can’t stop imagining myself walking on the golden sand beaches, swimming in the crystal waters, tasting the delicious food, and simply enjoying the pure nature. @Toniaroundtheglobe has definitely chosen a great place to steal some more days of sunshine. I’m looking forward to reading about his next adventure.

Caption: A photo of the golden beach of Long Beach, Palawan, Philippines. There a few white clouds in the deep blue sky, green palms, a cabin, and people sunbathing on the beach. (Local Guide @Toniaroundtheglobe)Caption: A photo of the golden beach of Long Beach, Palawan, Philippines. There a few white clouds in the deep blue sky, green palms, a cabin, and people sunbathing on the beach. (Local Guide @Toniaroundtheglobe)

@FelipePK: Being a big fan of hiking myself, I couldn’t miss the post “300mg of Adrenaline” by fellow Local Guide @JosemariaN. What really impressed me was the number of people who went hiking together—around 70! Isn’t this amazing? If you want to read more about this incredible adventure, make sure to check out this post.

@sonnyNg: When I read a review of a place, the more captivating it is, the more I want to visit and experience that place the way the author did. From what I saw in @hoangdong’s “Du lịch Tam Đảo cuối tuần - Chia sẻ sau chuyến đi !!!,” Tam Dao National Park seems like a location I’ll definitely add to my wish list for next summer.

Caption: An aerial view of Lake Bled, Bled, Slovenia. Green trees and mountains surround the lake, and there’s a small island within it, with a church on top. (Local Guide @@Buckolujo)Caption: An aerial view of Lake Bled, Bled, Slovenia. Green trees and mountains surround the lake, and there’s a small island within it, with a church on top. (Local Guide @@Buckolujo)

@IrrPavlova: This week, the beautiful landscapes in “Slovenia, a true gem!” really touched me. The photos of lakes and lush vegetation in Kranjska Gora, taken by @Buckolujo, brought peace to my soul. I believe hiking in such places can give you the time and fresh air you need to recover from any type of stress. Getting lost in the beautiful nature has always brought me the zen feeling that everything will work out eventually, no matter what.

Tell us about some of the best posts you've read on Connect lately and be sure to keep an eye out next week to see if one of your posts is selected for Friday Favorites! You can check out last week’s Friday Favorites here

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!
28 comments
Level 8

Re: Friday Favorites: winter in the Philippines, a hike in Slovenia, and more

Wow @sonnyNg!

What a scenery you shared with us. Thanks for sharing. Its just awesome! Last week I went to the world's largest beach Cox'sbazar. Seeing this post, I remember the scene here.

Joy

Hi @JoinalAbedin,

Thanks for the motivation! 

The scenery is really captivating, just as Cox's Bazar is.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!
Level 8

At the moment of sunsetAt the moment of sunset

Last week, i was traveling Cox's bazar. All the times that place is very special for myself.  

Joy

You have got the right shot, @JoinalAbedin!

It is indeed a magical place.

Thank you!
Level 9

Aerial view of Lake bleed shot is simply awesome photography, Thank you @sonnyNg sharing with us.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, @sonnyNg

This is nice place to visit beautiful location and natural scenes thanks for sharing with us. 

Level 8

@sonnyNg I love the Friday Fav series! So glad to see this and the original articles. Slovenia is indeed beautiful and you just can't get enough of this place if you are a nature lover! Nature at it's best! 🙂

Level 7

very nice post @sonnyNg. thank you

Level 5

Pemandangan yang anda sangat bagus dan Terimakasih telah membagikannya