DeniGu's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Moderator

Friday Favorites: the European Capital of Culture, beautiful Bhutan, and more

Every Friday, Googlers round up some of the best posts they came across during the week to celebrate the amazing discoveries Local Guides like you are sharing on Connect. This week, the European Capital of Culture, beautiful Bhutan, and more.

@Aruni: The post I want to call out this week was written by @Angy118 and is titled “Plovdiv (BG) - European Capital of Culture 2019.” In it, @Angy118 tells us about a recent trip to this great city. The photos show off the beauty of its streets and I enjoyed learning more about what makes it special. Plovdiv is one of the biggest cities in Bulgaria. It was selected by the European Union to be the European Capital of Culture this year. For me, it was interesting to see the Ancient Stadium of Philippopolis and to see the photos from the Old Town. I also didn't know before reading this post that Plovdiv has one of the longest pedestrian streets in Europe!

Caption: A photo of the Ancient Stadium of Philippopolis located under a pedestrian street in Plovdiv, Bulgaria. Buildings, shops, and cafes can be seen in the background. (Local Guide @Angy118)Caption: A photo of the Ancient Stadium of Philippopolis located under a pedestrian street in Plovdiv, Bulgaria. Buildings, shops, and cafes can be seen in the background. (Local Guide @Angy118)

@DeniGu: This week, I took my time reading @Venky_lightbug’s post “Beautiful Bhutan - Travel Diary.” In it, @Venky_lightbug recounted his recent six day trip to Bhutan and included tons of practical tips for anyone else who might want to make the trip. The combination of amazing photos and detailed descriptions took me on a journey through over-drenched hills, icy roads, and majestic mountains. I felt like I was travelling by car, riding a horse, and trekking alongside @Venky_lightbug to many breathtaking locations. So, head over to his post and enjoy!

Caption: A photo of the white buildings of the Tiger’s Nest monastery in Bhutan, perched on a mountainside. (Local Guide @Venky61)Caption: A photo of the white buildings of the Tiger’s Nest monastery in Bhutan, perched on a mountainside. (Local Guide @Venky61)@LilyanaZ: My favorite post of the week has to be the inspirational story “Ecology Care Movement in Giripurno Village” by @br14n. He recounted how a community got together to clean garbage out of the Buk Genjol River. I’m inspired by people who are dedicated to engaging others to help protect our planet. It warms my heart to see so many children participating as well, and since there were educational lectures on environmental responsibility, it leaves me with hope that these kids will grow up to take better care of nature.

Caption: A photo of kids lined around a barrier watching adults clean garbage out of a river.  (Local Guide @br14n)Caption: A photo of kids lined around a barrier watching adults clean garbage out of a river. (Local Guide @br14n)

@PoliMC: My favourite post for this week is the amazing “Favorite places to photograph” written by @FaridTDF. It in, he describes how he likes to take photos near the old bridge of Rio Grande. He enjoys returning to the same places throughout the year because they can something different to offer in every season. For example, there might be fly fishing in an area in the summer, but kayak races in autumn. I liked his post because I’m also trying to return to places that I’ve photographed in hopes of taking even better photos than the last time. It’s a great way to both improve your photography skills and find something you didn’t notice the last time. So if you are passionate about photography, check out this post.

Caption: A photo of the Rio Grande surrounded by greenery taken on a partly cloudy day. (Local Guide @FaridMonti)Caption: A photo of the Rio Grande surrounded by greenery taken on a partly cloudy day. (Local Guide @FaridMonti)

Tell us about some of the best posts you've read on Connect lately and be sure to keep an eye out next week to see if one of your posts is selected for Friday Favorites! You can check out last week’s Friday Favorites here.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

20 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Friday Favorites: the European Capital of Culture, beautiful Bhutan, and more

@DeniGu  These are so wonderful photos. These photos are representing connect through our fellow's post by showing Nature, city, environmental and beauty of the world .....

Keep finding...

Happy Guiding!   

Connect Moderator

Re: Friday Favorites: the European Capital of Culture, beautiful Bhutan, and more

Connect Moderator

I really like the selection always.

It opens always the eyes on how diverse is this community here... 

Bravo! 

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Connect Moderator

Muchas gracias por la mención @DeniGu , estar entre tan buenos post como el viaje a Bhután o conocer parte de la cultura Europea es muy lindo.

Farid

Level 8

@DeniGu , @Aruni : Thanks a lot guys! 

I'm very glad that you liked my post 🙂

Level 8

@DeniGu and @Aruni : Thanks a lot guys! 

I'm very glad that you liked my post 🙂

Level 8

😍😍

Level 9

Level 9

Thank your @DeniGu for this perfect choice.

The  local guides's. photos are really excellent.