AriMar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Editor

Friday Favorites: stunning sunsets, mouth-watering Polish food, and more

Every Friday, our Google Moderators round up some of their favorite posts that they came across during the week to celebrate the amazing discoveries Local Guides like you are sharing on Connect. This week includes beautiful photos of Valença, stunning sunsets, and more.

@KlaudiyaG: A lot of people on Connect know about and share my passion for food. As you might suspect already, my favorite post this week is called “Cracovian and Polish Food.” The post itself is accompanied by a lot of great images, so if you want a little advice, do not read this post on an empty stomach, otherwise you’ll drool everywhere. @TorM managed to cover a great variety of dishes from street food to soups to desserts. Personally, I had the opportunity to grow up with Polish cuisine, because I had some great friends from there. My advice? Put Poland on your bucket list and try to find the time to check what this beautiful country has to offer. You certainly won’t be disappointed!

Caption: A photo of braided bread rings known as "obwarzanek" in Poland. (Local Guide @TorM)Caption: A photo of braided bread rings known as "obwarzanek" in Poland. (Local Guide @TorM)
@FelipePK: This great postA walk through the fortress of Valença do Minho reminds me a lot of my childhood when my grandparents used to tell me stories about Valença. It’s the place where the first Portuguese saint, São Teotónio, was born. I enjoyed every single bit of @Billie_Tijuana’s post about the town and especially liked seeing all of the photos. Even though I’ve never been there, the post from our fellow Local Guide felt so familiar to me. It’s incredible how beautifully preserved it is.

Caption: A photo of a sunset on a cloudy night. (Local Guide @Bruce_Ferjulian)Caption: A photo of a sunset on a cloudy night. (Local Guide @Bruce_Ferjulian)@brittym: I’m loving how active this simple thread about sunset photography has been. @Bruce_Ferjulian invited conversation with just a few short sentences about his love for sunset photography asking, “Anyone else out there love taking sunsets?” The community’s participation underscores that no matter where in the world we live and how different our day-to-day lives are, the same sun sets our skies on fire each night. The thread presents an opportunity to showcase your photography skills, as well as to highlight your favorite locations on Google Maps to celebrate and enjoy this daily phenomenon. One of my favorite places to watch the setting sun is in Sarasota, Fla. overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. Mallory Square in Key West, Fla. is another great spot!

Tell us about some of the best posts you've read on Connect lately and be sure to keep an eye out next week to see if one of your posts is selected for Friday Favorites! You can check out last week’s Friday Favorites here.

11 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Friday Favorites: stunning sunsets, mouth-watering Polish food, and more

Thank you very much!

@KlaudiyaG is totally right. Poland should be on the bucket list of everyone.

Great opportunity will be during the European Meet Up in September in Kraków:

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Let-s-Meet-Up/European-Meet-Up-2018-Poland/m-p/937928#M69728

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Connect Moderator

@AriMar,

the link to the post of @FelipePK seem not to work.... Please check. The other links work fine, so maybe not a problem on my side?

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Level 10
Level 10

WOW!!!

I´m really happy to reading this selected posts above all the thead of my dear friend @TorM. He has made a great job taking about Poland´s dishes. For me it has been very helpful.

Thanks for all TorM. I´m looking forward to reading your post abour vodka and Poland´s beer.

See you soon!!

Level 8

Thank you @AriMar for summing it up and presenting it to us. 🙂

Thank you for your roundup. Wonderful job. @brittym @FelipePK @KlaudiyaG

Thank you @TorM @Billie_Tijuana @Bruce_Ferjulian for sharing great content.

Cheers

Level 10

Thank you @AriMar for sharing this informative post with us.

Level 7

Hi @AriMar, thanks for sharing, enjoyed reading! 

""

@FelipePK: This great post “A walk through the fortress of Valença do Minho reminds me a lot of my childhood when my grandparents used to tell me stories about Valença. It’s the place where the first Portuguese saint, São Teotónio, was born. I enjoyed every single bit of @Billie_Tijuana’s post about the town and especially liked seeing all of the photos. Even though I’ve never been there, the post from our fellow Local Guide felt so familiar to me. It’s incredible how beautifully preserved it is.""

I am not able to view the above mentioned, kindly check.

Local Guides Connect   Access Denied   Local Guides Connect.png

Cheers

Vasudeo

Vasudeo
Level 10

Hi @AriMar

I love the efforts behind the selection process.

And I congratulate all of you for being mentioned.

BHASI BAHULEYAN
Level 9

Good Work Guys 

Keep it up and be in spot light...

Thanks @AriMar for Sharing

Former Google Contributor

Hi @TorM and @Vasudeo,

Are you both still experiencing some kind of trouble when clicking on  the post that FelipePK has shared for the Friday Favorites topic? I personally cannot replicate the problem and this is why I kindly ask you to share a screenshot of the error message that appears on your screen?

Thank you in advanced!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!