KatyaL's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Friday Favorites: sea turtles, Holi, and more

Every Friday, Googlers round up some of the best posts they came across during the week to celebrate the amazing discoveries Local Guides like you are sharing on Connect. This week, sea turtles, a guide to Holi, and more.

@KatyaL: “Beach of Shark Teeth: Hidden Beauty at the Enchanting Edge of Sumatra” written by Local Guide @futnotecom is the post I enjoyed reading the most this week. I totally agree that the best place to calm our mind is better a quiet place where you can feel a gentle breeze. Even though it was a bumpy road to the beach from Pagadungan Village for @futnotecom, I can tell from the photos that it was totally worth it to reach this extraordinary and beautiful coast called the Shark Teeth. This post made me wish I could also have a cup of coffee at Pantai Karang Gigi Hiu and stay there at least for one day!

Caption: A photo of rock formations in the water taken at Shark Teeth Coast in Lampung, Indonesia on a partly cloudy day. (Local Guide @ibadahmimpi)Caption: A photo of rock formations in the water taken at Shark Teeth Coast in Lampung, Indonesia on a partly cloudy day. (Local Guide @ibadahmimpi)

@MashaPS: What is the thing that you love the most about India? For me, it’s the world famous Hindu Festival of Colors, Holi. This week, I loved reading @IshantHP_ig 's post “HOLI (The Traditional Hindu Festival of Colours)” dedicated to this special festival. I have always been curious to learn more about its origins and how locals celebrate it. Through those warm colors, I see many wishes for love, health, new beginnings, and friendship. This is one of the special days when people gather to share their wish for a brighter future. Life is all about building bridges of friendship between us, isn’t it? If you’re curious to learn more about Holi, be sure to check out this post.

Caption: A photo of Local Guide @IshantHP_ig’s hands covered in saffron paint with the words “HOLI” written with yellow paint. (Local Guide @IshantHP_ig)Caption: A photo of Local Guide @IshantHP_ig’s hands covered in saffron paint with the words “HOLI” written with yellow paint. (Local Guide @IshantHP_ig)

@TsekoV: While looking through many impressive posts on Connect this week, a thought-provoking post caught my attention. @NguyenNguyenNhi’s post “Saving sea turtles in a small islet of Vietnam” made me realize how vulnerable, yet precious all life is. To me, it is paramount that we put in effort to preserve all forms of life. What local forest rangers do for the conservation of sea turtles in Vietnam is an act of good will that all of us can learn from. In our own ways, we can follow their example. What is your way to help better our planet?

Caption: A photo of eggs in a hole below the tail of a sea turtle on a sandy beach. (Local Guide @NguyenNguyenNhi)Caption: A photo of eggs in a hole below the tail of a sea turtle on a sandy beach. (Local Guide @NguyenNguyenNhi)

@MoniDi: A coffee lover like myself always seeks new interesting places to enjoy this tasty beverage. So, this week, I was intrigued by @HimanshiS’s post titled “Biggest Starbucks Roastery in the world now in Tokyo.” If I ever happen to visit Japan, this will be the first coffee place I go to. The thorough description, beautiful photos, and great variety of products detailed in the post helped me come to this decision. If you want to learn more about the newly opened roastery in Tokyo, make sure to read @HimanshiS’s post.

Caption: A photo of several Starbucks tea and coffee packages from around the world stocked on top of each other at a Starbucks Reserve in Meguro, Tokyo. (Local Guide @HimanshiS)Caption: A photo of several Starbucks tea and coffee packages from around the world stocked on top of each other at a Starbucks Reserve in Meguro, Tokyo. (Local Guide @HimanshiS)

Tell us about some of the best posts you've read on Connect lately and be sure to keep an eye out next week to see if one of your posts is selected for Friday Favorites! You can check out last week’s Friday Favorites here.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
32 comments
Level 7

Re: Friday Favorites: sea turtles, Holi, and more

Thank you @KatyaL for highlighting these outstanding posts on connect. I enjoyed the post by @IshantHP_ig on the holi festival and I learnt that it is one of the most important festivals for Indians and he described it very well,  happy holi to you and everyone!

TENDAI TOMU
Level 9

Thsnk you @KatyaL for intetesting post.

This week was really amazing with perfect festival Holi ,which celebrated in India.We celebrate the Festival Holi in summer in August or in June.,when the weather in Moscow is sunny .

Wonderful post "Beach of shark teeth"

Level 9

@KatyaL  These posts are really worth featuring. I have read all of them and these are well written and packed with information. 

Just in case any dessert lover is missing a post about food I have written one last week for you here

Connect with me: My blog, YouTubeFacebookInstagram

Level 9

Nice posts @KatyaL we are knowing so much information , thank you for sharing with us....

Connect Moderator

Definitely a great week of posts 😍!

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Connect Moderator

This week’s selection  @KatyaL are amazing reads.

Hope everyone has a chance to read these wonderful post over the weekend.

Cheers,

Karen

Level 6

These are incredible photos you shared. I have never seen turtle eggs at such close range. Looking at the pictures, I remembered how Moana covered a baby turtle with a leave and scared the predator birds away. Lovely. Indonesia is definitely a beautiful place to visit

Level 9

Beautiful and inspiring. Thank you @KatyaL for providing a remarkable way to start the weekend!

Connect Moderator

Three different and amazing posts, great selection, thank you @KatyaL for sharing it.

| | | | - La decisione più coraggiosa che puoi prendere ogni giorno è quella di essere di buon umore 🙂