MoniDi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Moderator

Friday Favorites: noodles, a travel guide to Brussels, and more

Every Friday, Googlers round up some of the best posts they came across during the week to celebrate the amazing discoveries Local Guides like you are sharing on Connect. This week, noodles, a travel guide to Brussels, and more.

@MortenSI: The post that really caught my attention this week was “Photo Story : Kopi Pinggir Kali - Ciliwung | Sabtu (05/01) Jembatan Jalak Harupat, Bogor” by Local Guide @johanesjenito. In Bogor, West Java, Indonesia they’ve dedicated January 5 to environmental awareness. Together with local organizations, the community took action to help Mother Nature, and cleaned out trash from the Ciliwung River. This post inspired me a lot to do better and reminded me to take good care of our planet. Check out the post to see some great photos from the day.

Caption: A photo of colorful vintage cars lined up inside the Autoworld museum in Brussels, Belgium. (Local Guide @parichaymehta)Caption: A photo of colorful vintage cars lined up inside the Autoworld museum in Brussels, Belgium. (Local Guide @parichaymehta)

@MoniDi: My favorite post for the week is “9 Things To Do In Brussels” by Local Guide @parichaymehta. It reminded me of my stay in Belgium and the experience I had there. If you are wondering whether you should plan your trip to the Belgian capital, definitely check out this post. It shows you a well-detailed guide to all the best places in Brussels that are worth visiting.

@Ivi_Ge: My choice for this week is the incredible “[RECAP] Cimenyan Festival Pasar Puri Bambu” written by Local Guide @Septarina_H. During the meet-up, this group of Local Guides went to the unique Cimenyan Festival Pasar Puri Bambu. The event highlights a cultural tradition Bandung where the people make traditional toys, crafts, souvenirs, and even clothes from bamboo. To learn more, take a look at her post.

Caption: A photo of a bowl of Morioka Reimen, a soup with rice noodles, beef stock, beef, Japanese onion, sliced-cucumber, a boiled egg, kimchi, and fruit. (Local Guide @HiroyukiTakisawa)Caption: A photo of a bowl of Morioka Reimen, a soup with rice noodles, beef stock, beef, Japanese onion, sliced-cucumber, a boiled egg, kimchi, and fruit. (Local Guide @HiroyukiTakisawa)

@IrrPavlovaMy neighbors are noodle lovers by @HiroyukiTakisawa caught my eye this week. Honestly, noodles have never been a favorite dish for me personally, but the passion this post has been written with made me want to try their recipes so much. The Morioka Reimen looks amazing. I have to admit I have never tried cold soup and this one could make a big change me. You may just be inspired to enjoy noodles after reading this post, too!

Tell us about some of the best posts you've read on Connect lately and be sure to keep an eye out next week to see if one of your posts is selected for Friday Favorites!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

25 comments
Level 9

Re: Friday Favorites: noodles, a travel guide to Brussels, and more

All the posts selected this week are interesting, thank you for the recommendat @MoniDi 

I enjoyed reading the following publication: Connect Live 2018 on Vientiane Times Lao PDR because it reminded me of the important role that every local guide play in their own community and how they contribute with  google maps, especially in countries where the program isn't well known

Beatriz Aguilar | bandera-de-venezuela-imagen-animada-0001| Instagram
Level 6

I posted for the first time on Local Guides Connect & that post has been selected in Friday Favorites. I am very happy & glad that you found it interesting. I loved the Indonesia's story as well. Looking forward to more Fridays.

Connect Moderator

Hi, @MoniDi

Thank you for introducing my post and some interesting posts!

Level 8

Wow that great post for every guide.

Thanks for share @MoniDi

sharif
Level 9

wow vintage cars nice picture by local guide parichaymehta , thank you @MoniDi sharing with us...

Google Moderator

Hi @parichaymehta, your post is a really good example of what a good post should look like. Keep your stories coming, I am sure that you will drive more interaction among the community. And another thing, if you want to tag me or other Local Guides, don't forget to write @ before their names. This way we receive a notification. 🙂

@HiroyukiTakisawa, you should thank @IrrPavlova. After seeing your post, I rushed to the kitchen and grabbed something to eat. Everything looked delicious!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Google Moderator

Hi @NirmalTeja

I love vintage cars too. The last time I saw a good exhibition, I was in Monaco. There were a lot of good looking  cars parked in front of the Hotel de Paris Monte-Carlo but the vintage ones grabbed my attention. One can certainly appreciate the classics.

Here are a few photos I was able to take before the battery of my camera died:

Caption: A photo of a vintage car in Monaco (Local Guide @MoniDi)Caption: A photo of a vintage car in Monaco (Local Guide @MoniDi)Caption: A photo of a vintage car in Monaco (Local Guide @MoniDi)Caption: A photo of a vintage car in Monaco (Local Guide @MoniDi)Caption: A photo of a vintage car in Monaco (Local Guide @MoniDi)Caption: A photo of a vintage car in Monaco (Local Guide @MoniDi)

Connect Moderator

I see, @MoniDi

Thank you @IrrPavlova!

I'm glad you enjoyed my post:-)

Level 10

Thank you for introducing articles @MoniDi @MortenSI @Ivi_Ge @IrrPavlova

I was captivated by the moist and deeply aesthetic sense of Brussels. Probably @parichaymehta's photographic technology may make it seem like that

The introduction of food culture in @HiroyukiTakisawa is excellent. I like all the dishes he will introduce🍜

I was surprised by the heavy use of bamboo products sold at the bamboo event @Septarina_H introduce🎍

And it is interesting to have led to the success of large-scale garbage picking festival by adding coffee and garbage pickup introduced by @johanesjenito! Despite picking up garbage there is colorful and everyone seems to be having fun🤔😃

#Let's introduce your Japan with #DeepJapan hashtag. You will discover Japanese background stories.
#Let's try your native language conversation with Google Translate #UseNativeLanguage
#Enrich Google Maps with Cycling information #Bike
#lit.link/yasumikikuchi #Guiding Star 2022 Inclusive Mapper