AriMar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Editor

Friday Favorites: an inspiring Local Guides couple, beautiful photos of the Sile River, and more

Every Friday, our Google Moderators round up some of their favorite posts that they came across during the week to celebrate the amazing discoveries Local Guides like you are sharing on Connect. This week beautiful photos of the Sile River in Italy, an inspiring Local Guides couple, and more.

@GeorgesHR: @NunungAfuah shared the most interesting and inspirational story I have read this week in her post, “Incredible Local Guides that you should meet.” She wrote about an incredible Local Guides couple, @br14n and @Nissa, who have hosted hundreds of meet-ups in their own home. I thought it was a great example of how we can use Connect to spotlight some of the amazing members of this community. We should all do that more often. 

Caption: A photo of Local Guides in front of a waterfall in Coban Jodo in East Java, Indonesia. (Local Guide @NunungAfuah)Caption: A photo of Local Guides in front of a waterfall in Coban Jodo in East Java, Indonesia. (Local Guide @NunungAfuah)@Ivi_Ge: This week, I really liked reading @AntonellaGr’s post “Sile River, stories of water.” You can hear the “silence” from her post. She shared some amazing photos of the Sile River that help us imagine what it would be like to actually be there. @ermest, who was there with her, added even more information and photos in the comments. The post was very informative and I think many people can learn a lot about that place from reading it. My favorite photo from this post is this one that shows the sun setting over the River. 

@ArielleM_: @Safdarrai’s post “My Trip to Cape Agulhas where two oceans meet” is an overall inspiration to travel and get to know our world --- and the many wonders that lie within. In this post, @Safdarrai depicts his trip to the place where the Atlantic and Indian oceans meet. It’s simply beautiful. I just really enjoyed the experience learning more about this area through @Safdarrai’s perspective. I’ve always wanted to travel to Africa and now I have somewhere in mind to visit first. #BucketList

Capation: A photo of Cape Agulhas, a rocky headland in Western Cape, South Africa. (Local Guide @Safdarrai)Capation: A photo of Cape Agulhas, a rocky headland in Western Cape, South Africa. (Local Guide @Safdarrai) @MashaPS: @EmekaHouse’s recap of the meet-up In Lagos nicely represents the idiom, “The nice thing about teamwork is that you always have others on your side.” In the past, @EmekaHouse has shown us he’s an accessibility champion, so I’m glad to so many others join him in this mission. It was nice to learn more about their meet-up and some of the challenges they faced. It reminded me once again how wonderful Local Guides are. An enormous heart is needed to spend time helping people you don’t know.

Tell us about some of the best posts you've read on Connect lately and be sure to keep an eye out next week to see if one of your posts is selected for Friday Favorites! You can check out last week’s Friday Favorites here.

45 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Friday Favorites: an inspiring Local Guides couple, beautiful photos of the Sile River, and more

Fantastic and thank you.

Sorry for adding this again, but the first link 859E6B0A-A3A5-4E9C-B028-D6AB39E43ED3.jpeg

Incredible Local Guides... leads again like a other link last week to the screen attached.

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Level 10

Re: Friday Favorites: an inspiring Local Guides couple, beautiful photos of the Sile River, and more

Nice post @AriMar. @TorM is correct. The first link is not working. 

Former Google Contributor

Hi @koushik_sarkar and @TorM,

Which first link are you guys referring to? Please visit this article for more info - Please pardon our dust.

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Connect Moderator

„Incredible LG you should meet“ I referring to. @GeorgesHR.

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Level 10

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Incredible-Local-Guides-couple-you-should-m...

This is the link I am talking about.

The link text is "Incredible Local Guides that you should meet"

Level 10

@koushik_sarkar wrote:

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Incredible-Local-Guides-couple-you-should-m...

This is the link I am talking about.

The link text is "Incredible Local Guides that you should meet"

I confirm I cannot read this thread too; I think should be removed from Friday favorites 😉

Level 2

nice post 

like your evry post

Level 10

Great post and so amazing photos @NunungAfuah @AntonellaGr @Safdarrai
Keep up to share the beautiful photos and informative posts.
Thank you for sharing @GeorgesHR @Ivi_Ge  @ArielleM_ and @AriMar 

Best Regards
Rezgar

Level 9

Thank you @Rezgar. I will be posting new more trips.