Sorbe's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Friday Favorites: an art tour in Lagos, Halloween in Taiwan, and more

Every Friday, Googlers round up some of the best posts they came across during the week to celebrate the amazing discoveries Local Guides like you are sharing on Connect. This week, an art tour in Lagos, Halloween in Taiwan, and more.

@Ivi_Ge: This week, “My experience in a Pataxó Tribe (MG/Brasil)” written by @SarahKa caught my attention. She shares a funny and unique story about her wonderful experience in a Pataxo Tribe. It’s always interesting for me to learn about different cultures and traditions. This story introduce me to a place I never knew existed. If you enjoy discovering new places and reading a captivating story, I highly recommend this one! 

Caption: A photo of a Local Guide posing for a photo with her arms stretched as another Local Guide lays on the ground to take her photo during a meet-up in Lagos. (Local Guide @EmekaHouse)Caption: A photo of a Local Guide posing for a photo with her arms stretched as another Local Guide lays on the ground to take her photo during a meet-up in Lagos. (Local Guide @EmekaHouse)

@AlexaAC: “Recap Lagos Art Tour” by @EmekaUlor is my highlight for the week. The event celebrates the diversity of artists, good food, and music. It also helps to raise awareness about amazing local artists that are flourishing in Nigeria. Definitely a refreshing take on cultural inspiration, so please enjoy!

@Sorbe: It was a tough week for Italy, hit by the bad weather that brought disaster from North to South. But, like the title of @ErmesT's post “A small ray of sunshine - a small ray of hope” suggests, after the storm there is always the sunshine. His post was very inspiring to me, as it showed three elements for which I am proud to be Italian: resilience, solidarity, and sense of community.

Caption: A photo of rows of Halloween-themed cups designed to look like carved pumpkins, black cats, bats, and more on a table. (Local Guide @Koyowu)Caption: A photo of rows of Halloween-themed cups designed to look like carved pumpkins, black cats, bats, and more on a table. (Local Guide @Koyowu)

@TsekoV: Have you ever felt a childlike excitement when a holiday is just around the corner? I am sure the answer is yes. After reading “Trick-or-treat” that Local Guide @KoyoWu posted, I felt this way. While it hasn’t historically been widely celebrated in Taiwan or Bulgaria, Halloween is starting to become more popular in both of these countries. I think that more people are starting to celebrate it because of that special magical feeling it brings in our lives.

Tell us about some of the best posts you've read on Connect lately and be sure to keep an eye out next week to see if one of your posts is selected for Friday Favorites! You can check out last week’s Friday Favorites here.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

22 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Friday Favorites: an art tour in Lagos, Halloween in Taiwan, and more

Thank you @Sorbe

I am reading this post in the exact moment when I am filling the documents for being authorised to clean the beach, next week.IMG_20181109_102122.jpg

Yes, we are resilient, very proud of it. Today is a foggy morning here, but the sunshine will come soon

Ermes

Former Google Contributor

Hey @ErmesT,

We are waiting to see a recap of another remarkable experience from you.

Just to quote one part of Gerry and the Peacemaker most famous song ," You'll never walk alone":

"At the end of the storm there's a golden sky".

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Connect Moderator

@Sorbe @AlexaAC @Ivi_Ge @TsekoV thank you guys for the great job you do. Our art meetup was quite an eye opener and we appreciate this.

@Oyindamola has received lots of compliment and support to become a model while @Sayo the photo crooner has gradually developed this into a profession. Thanks to @Vera_chidera for luring us to this activity.

Thanks

Connect Moderator

@ErmesT more power to your elbow. You do a great job for Italy. I hope more hands join you to make this easier. 

Level 7

Thanks @Sorbe for this heart warming recap. It was indeed a day to remember on the art tour day. 

My warm regards to the Italians affected by the bad weather. 

Level 8

@EmekaUlor thanks for the accolades, woop! woop!!. You guys made it so much fun, as we all seemed to let our hair down. @Vera_chidera played such a great hostess for the after party.

Level 8

@Sorbe Great recap of some of the interesting stories from Connect during the week. Whatever experiences we go through, there is always something positive to look forward to, now and always. 

Level 9

Thanks @Sorbe for this post and @Ivi_Ge for recommend my post 🙂 

It's amazing see the diversity of the stories around the world.

Best wishes from Brazil,

Sarah.