AriMar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Editor

Friday Favorites: an accessibility meet-up, nature photos of Patagonia, and more

Every Friday, our Google Moderators roundup some of their favorite posts of the week to celebrate the amazing discoveries Local Guides like you are sharing on Connect. This week’s Friday Favorites includes posts about an accessibility meet-up, managing rejection, and more.

@brittym: Rejection is never easy. I like this quote by Sylvester Stallone that says, “I take rejection as someone blowing a bugle in my ear to wake me up and get going, rather than retreat.” I also really like this Connect story about managing rejection by 2017 Summit attendee @StephenAbraham. In it, Stephen shares that he contributed to Google Maps every single day for an entire year and was sad when he wasn’t selected for the 2016 Summit. But even after attending the 2017 Summit, he says the real benefit of being a Local Guide isn’t attending an event—it’s the friendships you make right here on Connect and the difference you can make through Google Maps along the way. This week, we sent out 151 invitations to attend Connect Live, and we wish we could have invited everyone! But what Stephen says is absolutely true—the best thing about being a Local Guide isn’t a perk or an event. It’s the global impact our community of friends has every day! Instead of retreating, get going.

Caption: A photo of Kelingking Beach in Bali, Indonesia taken from above. (Local Guide @Michaelthebuzz)Caption: A photo of Kelingking Beach in Bali, Indonesia taken from above. (Local Guide @Michaelthebuzz)

@MarinSt: Nature is just fascinating. It’s been ages since the extinction of dinosaurs, but nature can still reminds us of their existence. @Michaelthebuzz has discovered this natural Brachiosaurus-looking masterpiece and presenting it to the Local Guides community in interesting and funny way, in his post, “Jurassic Island, Nusa Penida, Bali, Indonesia, Part 3.” The photos that he shared are great and I really enjoyed reading the fascinating facts that he included in the post. It gave me another reason to want to visit! If you enjoyed this post as much as I did, make sure you don’t miss part 1 and part 2 of @Michaelthebuzz’s stories about Bali.

@ArielleM: I’m inspired by @IlankovanT’s recap post about hosting an accessibility meet-up, as well as his willingness to help others and “Show them a Path.” The quality description of his experiences leading up to this event, as well as his personally crafted video and imagery, shows how dearly this initiative lives within him. He’s taken the time to actively immerse a unique demographic of people into Google’s products and show them how impactful these bits of technology can resonate throughout their daily lives. He’s performing a humanitarian service and enjoying every minute of it. Meanwhile, people are learning, evolving and enhancing their way of life. What could be better?

@NadyaPN: I really liked sohampancholi’s post named “Places visited in Summer 2018.” He’s encouraging everyone to share their summer experiences while showing one of his recent trips. He's shared some amazing photos of the city Lucknow alongside with detailed description of the sights he's photographed. I happily took part in his thread and I'm looking forward to what others will share. 🙂

Caption: A photo of a building on a prairie in Patagonia. (Local Guide @FaridMonti)Caption: A photo of a building on a prairie in Patagonia. (Local Guide @FaridMonti)@Atsukot: @FaridMonti shared beautiful nature photos of Patagonia in his post, “Fuegian patagonia in the afternoon.” He often shares beautiful photos from his area that help us imagine what it would be like to actually be there. Looking at the photos in this post, I almost felt like I was standing on the prairie myself. Want to read FaridMonti’s post, but don’t know Spanish? Don’t forget you can always read posts in your own language using Google Translate.

Tell us about some of the best posts you've read on Connect lately and be sure to keep an eye out next week to see if one of your posts is selected for Friday Favorites! You can check out last week’s Friday Favorites here.

13 comments
Level 8

Re: Friday Favorites: an accessibility meet-up, nature photos of Patagonia, and more

Level 8

Re: Friday Favorites: an accessibility meet-up, nature photos of Patagonia, and more

I can't disagree @AriMar

Thank you 🙂

Cheers

Level 9

i like both photos :))

Happy Eid All , we are celebrating the first day of Eid 🙂 

@StephenAbraham is one of the best Map makers , one of the best local guides ever i am very proud of his friendship

this year he inspire all connect with his meetups and 360 videos one of them is 11 cities meetups in Kerala India and his many meetups in Malaysia and Singapore traveling to inspire all local guides , he is level TEN already before the new points system if you look at his map profile you know how well organized he is ( not spamming the map with tons of duplicate photos and videos to level up  ) friendship yeah we know what is friendship and we thank google for this opportunity we have friends from all around the world a real friends who care and share happy and sad moments ,

one like Stephen has the right to say this ,and there are few living legends else can say the same  ,  at the end we are one family and we respect each other and respect Local guides team decision , and we are really very very happy for our friends who get selected and we are very proud of them , 

and heeey Stephen there are still hope ;))) keep it up and keep inspire us , 🌹  I love You bro 🌹 BTW very nice emotional photo 😄

@AriMar i am a big fan of "Friday Favorites" post keep inspiring us local guides team we need like this posts from long time :))))

Level 8

Thanks for sharing @AriMar

Very nice post

Level 10

Level 10

Thanks for sharing

Tunisia Local Guides
Level 9

@StephenAbraham :)))) i think i reply here :))

Connect Moderator

Gracias @AriMar, tus palabras son muy lindas 🙂, todos los post que se recomiendan son también muy buenos, es una selección de los mejores de la semana, y cada vez vemos mejores post de los Local Guides que postean en Connect, me siento tan contento de poder compartir con todos ellos este viernes. 🍀👍😀

Saludos Farid

🤚👇

For the case that has difficulty, in reading my answer, in the upper right part of the screen, in the drop-down menu of languages, you can select the language, in which you want to read the post.

Level 10

@AriMar

Great post.

I agree with this post.

Thanks for motivation.

I really appreciate it.

BM63