MortenSI's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Friday Favorites: adventure sports in Brazil, a solo road trip, and more

Every Friday, Googlers round up some of the best posts they came across during the week to celebrate the amazing discoveries Local Guides like you are sharing on Connect. This week, adventure sports in Brazil, a solo road trip, and more.

@KlaudiyaG: As a fan of adrenaline, I just can’t not give a shout-out to @alexandradias who shared a wonderful post called, “Adventure sports in São Paulo - Brasil.” What I like about her post is that it has a lot of useful information. She mentioned some of the best places to find extreme sports in São Paulo and shared a little bit about her own experiences participating in them.

Caption: A photo of a group of people standing near three air balloons turned over on the ground in Boituva‎, Brazil. (Local Guide @alexandradias)Caption: A photo of a group of people standing near three air balloons turned over on the ground in Boituva‎, Brazil. (Local Guide @alexandradias)Caption: A photo of a group of people standing near three air balloons turned over on the ground in Boituva‎, Brazil. (Local Guide @alexandradias)

@VasT: This week, I was captivated by “Addis Ababa Through My Eyes,” a post written by Local Guide @Tosan. In it, he describes his experience visiting Addis Ababa, Ethiopia for the first time. What I appreciated the most were his tips and his “places of interest” lists. One of the places that stand out for me is Habesha Restaurant, which doesn’t just have food but also traditional dances and live music.

@MortenSI: This week, I stumbled upon “Mural painting on the wall of rubbish dumps in Comilla, Bangladesh” by Local Guide @ASMHasan, and the post really caught my attention. This is the story of how two local artists decided to use their talents to change people's perspective on littering. This post really inspired me, because it shows that even though you can’t go and directly fix the problem, you can use the tools you have to make an impact. If you want to feel inspired to do better, I recommend you check out this post. 

Caption: A photo of the back of an Airstream travel trailer parked at the entrance of Valley of Fire, a state park in Nevada, USA. (Local Guide @NatalkaR)Caption: A photo of the back of an Airstream travel trailer parked at the entrance of Valley of Fire, a state park in Nevada, USA. (Local Guide @NatalkaR)Caption: A photo of the back of an Airstream travel trailer parked at the entrance of Valley of Fire, a state park in Nevada, USA. (Local Guide @NatalkaR)

@MoniDi: My favourite post for this week is “My first solo road trip. USA. Day 1: Valley of Fire” by Connect Live 2018 attendee @NatalkaR. She decided to travel around the U.S. after the big event. What inspired me the most is that it was her first solo road trip. If you want to find out more about her unforgettable voyage and see some beautiful photos, make sure to check out her post.

Tell us about some of the best posts you've read on Connect lately and be sure to keep an eye out next week to see if one of your posts is selected for Friday Favorites! You can check out last week’s Friday Favorites here.

------------

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

21 comments
Level 10

Re: Friday Favorites: adventure sports in Brazil, a solo road trip, and more

Thank you so much for choose my post

Level 8

@alexandradias Thanks for share. 

#LocalGuides | #LetsGuide | #Bangladesh |#BangladeshLocalGuides | #SoundOfBeautifulBangladesh
Level 10

@MortenSIthanks a lot for choosing my story!!! it inspires to create more and more and share it with other people! 

Former Google Contributor

Hi @NatalkaR,

Your post was a great read for me, and your photos were brilliant.

But actually the thanks should go to my friend @MoniDi, as she was the one who chose your post as her Friday Favorite.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow amazing 

Connect Moderator

This is an amazing list @MortenSI

I was following @NatalkaR daily on Instagram, so her post was waited.

I will have to read all the other now

Connect Moderator

Thanks for sharing! @MortenSI

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

@MortenSI @MoniDi thank youuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-))))

Google Moderator

Hey @NatalkaR,

It was my pleasure to read your post. It was very inspiring and made me dream of going to the States and what is more, now I also want to have my first solo trip. 🙂

@MortenSI, great post! Thank you too!